Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:54:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload, editing problems  (Read 8018 times)
2010jazz

« on: March 04, 2010, 07:11:59 AM »

I've been having problems, but have not had a response for my e-mail request for help which I sent awhile ago so I've reprinted my note here:

Bonjour!

I have been having problems, total failure, uploading new songs. After filling in all the information the screen simply returns with no changes except message saying to check the filename. I have checked the filename and there are no &, or / or anything outside of the 0-9 and a-z.

For example:

Night in Tunisia by Dizzy Gillespie played by D Jacobs Clarinet and DS Tong EWI smTrumpet 24feb10.mp3

I don't see anything wrong with this filename -it has no disallowed characters that I can see.

In addition I cannot change any of my text. I change it and then it comes back with the same message about characters not allowed. All I am doing is adding new text.

For example:
"I will soon upload songs using a completely new technology from samplemodeling.com for trumpet. This has settings especially made for wind controllers and not only the sound but the responsiveness is incredibly good."

Also I was unable to change my password from the default that Moon wrote me about after the site changes went into effect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »

Too many spaces in the name, Linux servers often do not like this.  Just a possibility.

Pass word may have timed out, I would send a PM to Moon or Kara.  Not sure if I can still get in there to that level to change it for you since the site changes.

Night in Tunisia by Dizzy Gillespie played by D Jacobs Clarinet and DS Tong EWI smTrumpet 24feb10.mp3

That's a pretty long name.  Shorten it and remove spaces, using underscore instead.

Tunisia_DizGil_24feb10.mp3  is still pretty long, but may work..
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:18:53 PM by rharv » Logged

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:05 PM »

Dan,

Have your upload issues been addressed?

Just to test the system, I successfully uploaded a new song. Everything worked as it should.

One apparent glitch that remains: when a direct link to a song is sent, the audio file downloads with only the first word of the title, and with no ".mp3" attached at the end. For example, "Lost in the Hurricane.mp3" downloads as "Lost".

I see that Simple Machines has made a software upgrade available which they say will fix some existing problems. We are using version "SMF 1.1.9" - version "SMF 1.1.11" is the current recommended upgrade.

We will get this sorted... Kiss

Oren.

2010jazz

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:31 AM »

Does not look like it. Here is a shortened version that also failed:

MyFoolishHeart_DSTong_smBSax_28mar10_0132.mp3

I used the underscore ( _ ) because you suggested using it -although the message on the upload page says not to use it.

It failed to load and I got the same message saying:
Watch out for the fields indicated in red.
But in fact everything I typed into the Style and Name spaces was wiped out and there is nothing left of what I typed in to begin with.

So, I'm pretty discouraged and have just about given up uploading anything new since I just can't do it.
Furthermore, there is obviously another problem because I cannot edit any of the ABOUT text.

I will check back sometime in the future because I'm in the middle of finishing my taxes.

Thanks for your help in any case,

Dan
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

Dan,

I'll do some more uploads and editing of existing songs to see if we can duplicate your problems, then find solutions. Hang tight, we're on the case... Grin

Oren.

2010jazz

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »

Oren,

I just uploaded a new song (My Funny Valentine) using the _ character to separate parts of the filename, so I'm a happy fellow.

What is the "Sequence" do in the upload window?  Is it for setting the position of the song in the list?
Is there some way of re-ordering the sequence of songs that are already uploaded?

Thanks a lot,

Dan  

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:56:37 PM by 2010jazz » Logged
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »

Dan,

Congratulations on your success! I was enjoying your tunes yesterday - and yes, that clarinet player can really riff Cool

Yes, the sequence box is used to re-arrange the play order of your songs, but I've never used it, so can't advise you on that. Soon, I'll have some time to put that whole artist page through it's paces, and puzzle out some of the nuances.

One step at a time,

Oren.

2010jazz

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »

Yes, it's wonderful to have it working again. I was also able to re-edit my bio. I wish there was some way to get paragraph formatting for it.

The big news for me, as a midi wind controller guy is the new technology from samplemodeling. It is miles ahead of any synthesizer technology both with respect to the sample sound (trumpet) as well as the responsiveness and the nuanced control it brings to the player.

Here are some examples:

My Funny Valentine  (harmon mute Trumpet)
http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?play_song_id=4882

Angel Eyes (harmon mute Trumpet)
http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?play_song_id=4884

Night in Tunisia (basic Trumpet)
http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?play_song_id=4885

Thanks again,

Dan
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 01:39:19 AM »

Sounds like the real deal, Dan.
 I couldn't tell your wind controller performance from a mic'ed acoustic trumpet. Schweet!

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 07:18:07 AM »

Some of my favourite jazz songs in a new dress, I love it  Cool
You master that wind controller very well, excellent playing.
And those arrangements are also very good

Excellent 

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
2010jazz

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 07:33:15 AM »

Oren and Kara,

Thanks for listening to my uploads. I can't tell you how much more fun it is to play the smTrumpet compared to other midi trumpet samples or just about anything else because of the great sound AND how responsive it is. I'm not a brass player, so I'm especially delighted to be able to "play" trumpet.

Dan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: