Kara-Moon Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:05:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Questions!  (Read 12101 times)
2010jazz

« on: April 09, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »

I have several questions relating to the use of the K-M site answers to which no-one I asked has any answers.

1. What is the purpose of the Sequence feature on the Song Upload Page? Is it for arranging and re-arranging the sequence of the song display? How can do we use it?

2. How do we add our name as a Friend for a fellow musicians artist page?

Should we not have a specific part of the forum for questions and answers to such site-user topics?

Thanks,

Dan
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »

Dan,

To add yourself as a "friend" to another artist on the Artist Page, just log in, bring up their page, and click on "add a comment". Make your observations regarding their songs, hit the "enter" button, and you show up as a friend once you've refreshed the page.

One little problem, though... I went through the process to confirm my instructions - and it failed. The site has migrated recently to a new server that can handle more member traffic, but it appears some of these features were lost in the transition.
It looks like the "sequence" function also needs some attention... Roll Eyes

Rest assured we're all over it like a cheap suit - and thanks for keeping us on our toes... Cool

Oren.

2010jazz

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:11:16 AM »

Still no answers Cry
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 08:07:47 AM »

Dan,

Kara and Moon have been working overtime, getting ready for a live performance that just transpired. Once they've dealt with the audio and video material that was recorded during the proceedings, there will be more time for site maintenance.

I don't have the chops to trouble-shoot things myself (guitar players, you know - all attitude, no brains Embarrassed), but you have not been forgotten.

Thanks for your patience... Smiley

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »

Sorry to haven been absent for a while. I'll try to sort these things out next weekend though...

Moon
2010jazz

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:03:28 PM »

Sorry to haven been absent for a while. I'll try to sort these things out next weekend though...

Moon

I'm sorry for bothering about this again, but I feel this information is vital to at least a few of the people using this site and someone ought to be able to answer these questions which have now been posted for a very long time.

Thanks,

Dan
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »

This does indeed need sorting.  Just tried to add a comment and it crashed out.  I wasn't aware that it was still broken Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »

I'll send a mail to moon

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »

Embarrassed Soory... guilty as hell....

I've fixed this.

Can someone test this to be sure ?
impablomations

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 03:00:56 PM »

Tried posting a comment on your page, site said comment went through, but hasn't appeared on your page, even after refresh/clearing cache.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »

Just made a comment on Mo's page (long overdue actually!) Seemed to go OK.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
2010jazz

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 03:55:33 AM »

I'm glad it was fixed but the initial post was very specifc and it still has not been answered.
Please read the original posting.

Thanks,

Dan
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:57:54 AM by 2010jazz » Logged
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »

I thought it had been answered Huh

To be listed as a friend simply make a comment (Edit Comment).

I've never used the 'sequence' feature myself, but as far as I'm aware it is just that. You put numbers in and that's the order the tracks will play.

- Will
2010jazz

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »

I thought it had been answered Huh

To be listed as a friend simply make a comment (Edit Comment).

I'm afraid it did not occur to me that one had to be logged in in order to see EDIT COMMENT (good thing you showed it in parentheses). But I guess, I thought that non-members (guests) could also make comments. On reflection I can see that would open the door to spam.

So, I tried it and it worked.

I've never used the 'sequence' feature myself, but as far as I'm aware it is just that. You put numbers in and that's the order the tracks will play.

The Sequence Feature -does not appear to do anything. Please try it and see. So if indeed it is simply a matter of putting a number in (is the correct format 1, 10, .... or 01, 10, ...or 001, 101 ?)

A. It works neither when you initially upload a Song (I have been trying to do that every time I've uploaded for the last year or so

B. Nor does it work for Songs already uploaded when you simply test in Edit Mode.

Many things assumed to work do not, until they are really tested. This does not appear to work -unless there is some special secret technique to get it to work.

Thanks,

Dan
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »

Right. I've just tried this on my tracks and had no problem.

By default all track have a sequence value of '0' and play in the order that are uploaded.

The very first track of mine was 'Ghost Train'. I changed the sequence number to '1' and when I refreshed the page it had moved to the bottom.

Next I changed the new top 'We Are Coming Home' sequence number to '1', and on updating, it moved below 'Ghost Train'.

Finally I changed 'Ghost Train' sequence number to '2' and it again moved to the bottom.

- Will
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: