Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:56:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Presonus Intial Impressions  (Read 3898 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 23, 2010, 01:39:39 AM »

After spending a very lovely 6 hours with the Presonus Studio One for the very first time,I managed to record,mix,master and export a 6 track MP3 file-with all the trimmings and ALL within the same platform!!
Of course though,it's just a 30 second sample,but it does serve as a good example of how wonderfully simple one can accomplish a very high quality recording and I have not even scratched the surface yet!
All of the instruments of this recording are exclusively Presonus sounds,as I wanted to explore all of them and become fluent with them,before I add the NI Kore Player VST's.
I have never seen a DAW arrangement such as this one,as all of the initial recording is done on a single screen,since all of the different modes(effects,insert effects,instruments,editing and various track displays),are all pop up windows with a drag & drop capability.

While the built in synthesizer end of things is not nearly as elaborate as Propellerhead's,there's enough there to get started and the sample based instruments are of high quality with some unique characteristics to them.
The creme'de la creme of this platform is the effects,as they evoke the user with a refreshing spin with the creative juices,as the effects are soooo intoxicating!
Shocked
The icing on the cake of this,is that when editing the reverb effects,there is a animated graphical display that instantly gives you a visual of the value of the effect...meaning that there is a 3-D cube that changes in it's dimensions,as you change the values-SCHWEET!
One of the most delightful features of this DAW-is of course,having the ability to convert my music into MP3 right on the spot!!I only wish that I could post some screenshots of this wonderful DAW,so that you may get an inkling of how amazing this workstation is!
wOO

-Thom

* Mixdown(3).mp3 (1225.63 KB - downloaded 369 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:16:04 AM »

Congratulations on getting your new workstation, Thom!

This sounds like an excellent choice for the kind of work you do - I'm looking forward to hearing more of your music now that you're fully outfitted...

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:21:33 PM »

Thanks Oren! Cool

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: