Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:26:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: an electro sort of track  (Read 5522 times)
xh3rv

« on: May 02, 2010, 02:27:44 AM »

some of the sounds might be a little rock-ish too /shrug

* reset one one.mp3 (6655.95 KB - downloaded 259 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »

A nicely paced development of percussive sounds and pitched instruments, artfully interwoven. wOO

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »

I like it, some parts are perhaps a bit bass heavy....

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »

Quite enjoyable, although not really my scene. I would say I found it seriously bass heavy. I had to wind the control way back. Did you by any chance mix on headphones?

Liked that bit near the end, where you think it's finished then it wakes up again.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
xh3rv

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »

Quite enjoyable, although not really my scene. I would say I found it seriously bass heavy. I had to wind the control way back. Did you by any chance mix on headphones?

Liked that bit near the end, where you think it's finished then it wakes up again.

Mixed on some too-cheap m-audio monitors I just picked up, composed on headphones ... really useful to know the mix is bass heavy, probably mostly my own bad habits but maybe the monitors too.

Thanks for the comments, all.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 04:24:19 AM »

Given the genre,I was expecting emphasis on bass,but to be perfectly honest,the level of bass in this song is ridiculous.I do like the tune(what I heard of it),but I could only withstand about 30 seconds of it.
It's around midnight here,so I had no choice but to use headphones & the bass was pounding my brain & giving me a headache.All this being said,I really think you need to do whatever you can,to upgrade your headphones & monitors,as you are doing yourself quite a disservice by trying to mix this way.
I really like some M-Audio products..particularly the CX5's that I own,but M-Audio on a budget is a terrible waste.The reason I say this mainly,is that Behringer does the job much better for the money...particularly with their 3030A Truths.As a matter of fact,the Behinger Truth line are the only monitors even worth considering under $500(based on everything I've heard thus far).
Perhaps the JBL LSR2300 series might be worth looking into,as the LSR2325P's seem interesting enough.

I am convinced that the root of your problem,is your seriously bass-deficient headphones & monitors and I think that the Behringer B1030A's would be revealing enough sonically,to improve your mixes(provided that these particular set of monitors are not placed near walls)...which is why I removed them from my studio-but still,hands down,the B1030A's are the best out there for $200.....the B3030A's are magnificent though,& they're $300.

I'll elaborate on my review of your tune tomorrow,when I have the opportunity to listen to it through my CX5's.

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »

Xh3rv,

This is really interesting,as there are very nice soundscapes with a strong emotional drive to them...not your typical mindless club music.
Cool
Looking forward to a new mix of this tune!

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 12:05:07 AM »

Great song but as already been said very bass heavy.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: