Kara-Moon Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:27:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Solo I Go - a new song  (Read 3185 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 29, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »

This is identical to the song I posted in the Review forum.  It is here for my friends who can't get into that forum.

New Beginnings was a real challenge for me.  My original song I dedicated to Wyatt.  I wanted to do something different and new to me however life is getting in the way.  It’s spring here and I have tons of work I’m doing such as opening the pool, landscaping the yard (still!), looking for a new vehicle, painting etc!

But I did find time to try something new to me.  I haven’t had an acoustic guitar in 47 years; I’ve always played an electric guitar.  In the last year I have acquired a couple of acoustics.  This song is a new beginning for me as it is all acoustic guitar and it was done in one take, i.e. no pitch corrections, overdubs or timing corrections. 

So picture me on a street corner in your local city.  Guitar case open in front of me (feel free to send money) and me playing an instrumental.

PS – this is a simple blues progression in the key of E.  As I stated I’m very busy so if anyone wants to take this and run with it be my guest!

* OhSoloIgo.mp3 (4055.19 KB - downloaded 397 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
NeoN

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »

Amazing guitar playing man 
I really got no clue about the genre but it sounds like a blues piece?
Again, this is amazing!
You should definitely sing along to this someday..!
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »

Neon, thanx for the very kind review.

Me sing? Well never in one take and never with out a ton of effects and strict pitch correction  Embarrassed

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: