Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:24:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Around melodies  (Read 4897 times)
alexis

« on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »

Hello all,

Can I combine the "AutoSolotracks" and the "midiInc" fonctions ?
For example, take the egs/harmony/harmony.mma sample.
Is it possible to replace the "hardcoded" melody (with groove Swing in this case) by a melody imported with "midiInc"? I can't figure out how to do that.

By the way, I have the feeling that the voice assigment is weird with "midiInc" (I have created some files based on egs/midi-inc/frankie.mma). Sometimes, I hear the instrument assigned with "voice" in my solo (correct), sometimes, it is the original instrument in the track imported (wrong). Are you aware of this?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »

Not really. Midiinc (and midinote) just reads some file and pushes it into the midi buffer. No connection to the solo functions. It's there to force stuff which you can't do with other mma commands.

I'm not aware of program change skipping. There might be an issue if you are using the same midi tracks with midiinc and mma tracks .... if you can send me (direct, not to the forum) a misbehaving example I'll certainly look at it. Send the mma file, the importing midi and the created midi.

Bob.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
alexis

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »

Hello Bob,

Not really. Midiinc (and midinote) just reads some file and pushes it into the midi buffer. No connection to the solo functions. It's there to force stuff which you can't do with other mma commands.
So, there is absolutely no way Sad?!
Is it a new functionality we can envision?

I'm not aware of program change skipping. There might be an issue if you are using the same midi tracks with midiinc and mma tracks .... if you can send me (direct, not to the forum) a misbehaving example I'll certainly look at it. Send the mma file, the importing midi and the created midi.
OK. I'll realize an example and send it to you.

Alexis
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »

I'll add the harmony on midiInc/note to my TODO file. I'm just not sure how this would be done ... the big problem is that these commands don't work the same as the insertion of solo/melody notes ... when MMA reads a bunch of midi from midiinc/note it doesn't know about the underlying chord structure. It just grabs the midi stuff, does some manipulations (transpose, voice, etc) and adds that to the buffered output. I think that for your suggestion to work we would need to have a new method which would push the data into a solo track, and then let the solo funcs play with it. I'll give it some thought ... might be an interesting project Smiley

Yes, do let me know about the voice problem. It might be that you are forcing the included data into an existing track and the 2 voices are fighting?

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: