Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's going on with the weather?  (Read 2601 times)
NeoN

« on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »

Hi guys....

Anyone else experiencing noticeable climate changes in their area?
I truly believe that my area is now experiencing some serious climate changes Huh
The 4 seasons, as we used to know them, are no more....
We now have 2 main seasons...
A calm winter with above normal temperatures, a very short transition period, and then humid hot summers which can include thunderstorms and rain....

I think that in the future some Mediterranean countries will become more 'tropical' so to speak.

It seems that nature has it's way of answering back to prolonged pollution....

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:03:30 PM by NeoN » Logged
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »

I tend to not be totally in sync with the dire (or wonderful for that matter) predictions of anything, including weather change. However, that said, I'm quite sure that if we continue to pollute our world there will be dire consequences for future generations. And even if I'm wrong on this, it just isn't right to not take care of the world.

That said, our winter was very mild with little snow and our spring so far has been cool and wet. The question is: is this a climate change or just a mild winter/cool spring? If you look at historical weather charts you'll find that our current weather here is not out of normal ... below average, but that is how averages work.

The scary thing about climate change is that, if the predictions are right, you'll not notice it until it's way too late. And that is scary.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: