Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:34:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Inferno  (Read 9991 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: July 06, 2010, 01:23:26 AM »

Since it's been unbearably hot here in N.J. for the past couple of weeks,I had to express my heated torment in the form of music. Tongue Grin

-Thom

* Inferno.mp3 (6897.75 KB - downloaded 253 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:26:54 AM »

Hot, allright, Mr. S.!
This one had me sweating... Grin Your bass action is choice, and that bit of bongo slapping at the end is quite incredible wOO

(there may be a bit of a glitch at the end of your uploaded file - have a listen)

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:34:23 AM »

Obviously i love that bass riff in combination with drum and percussion track
There is something with the file, win media player don't want to read it, VLC reads it...

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 02:34:57 PM »

Oren,

Glad I was able to inflict heat stroke on your ass! Evil Grin The bongos at the end are a series of loops played in succession,courtesy of the Presonus library! 8)Normally I don't use loops-as I usually try to be as natural as possible without them,but loops do serve a very useful purpose in bridging or tying off ends in a song.
There's no glitch to speak of on my end(although I did end the song quite abruptly,so perhaps this was perceived as being a hiccup).

Thanks a mint for the compliments! Cool

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »

Kara,

A very curious thing,with your Windows Media Player,as it plays fine on mine.What's VLC?

Thanks for your nice comments! Smiley

-Thom

impablomations

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 02:45:28 PM »

VLC is a free open source media player, one of the best in terms of file format compatability.  It's what I use to play movies, although it can play most audio formats too.  Doesn't need any codecs installed or anything.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I've found that if a certain program has trouble with a media file 9/10 times VLC will play it fine.  Although my audio player of choice is Foobar2000, written by the guy who originally wrote winamp.

I played this in Winamp, Foobar and VLC with no problems, I think it could maybe be a problem with your Win Media player Kara, I couldn't try it in Win Media myself as I uninstalled it as soon as I got this comp.  I don't like MS software apart from the OS, and tend to remove everything and replace with my own choices.

I like this, like Kara & Oren said, sweet bass line.  The horns/bongo bit at the end giving a nice "James Bond" touch to it too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:49:42 PM by impablomations » Logged

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 03:32:03 PM »

Paul,

Thanks for the info on the VLC player. 8)As for the "James Bond" touch at the end-that was a last minute decision,as I was running through my Presonus drum kits & on an impulse,I had fun with the cool samples. Cool

Thanks a bunch for the comments! Cool

-Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »

Shocked
Sorry it's taken a while to get round to listening to this, Thom

Shocked Shocked
Fabulous stuff, here .... the atmosphere is positively sweating  Lips Sealed
Your skill is getting far too hot, my friend

As for the WinMedPlayer thing .... I use WMP10 (I won't upgrade past that version because of the intrusive digital rights thingy) and I can never get Thom's songs to play in it. I just send them over to WinAmp who handles them perfectly.
BTW, my normal set-up for downloading music is that I have WMP set as default for MP3 and WinAmp set for OGG.
In this way (apart from Mr Sneddon) each file just opens in it's default player.

Wink
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »

Don't sweat the petty things...time permitting..it's all good.Thanks for the fine review my finger pickin' friend! Cool

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 11:16:59 PM »

Thom, this is really REALLY top notch music  wOO

I loved the bass and percussion plus your choice of instrumentation is excellent.

Straight to the keeper folder

On a down side the MP3 wouldn’t play on my Win Media Player 11 but it did on Audacity.  Go figure.

On a side note we are in the same freaking heat wave.  We have had 4 days of temps in the 95F-99F in our back yard, and we are near Lake Ontario, NOT to mention the very high humidity!  Note that we do not have air conditioning either.  There is usually a breeze here so we don’t need it.  BUT this week was the exception to the rule, i.e. NO BREEZE either!  We just had rain so the temp is down to 80F.  Inferno was a good choice for a title Roll Eyes

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »

Mario,

Thanks for making an effort to listen to my song & thank you kindly for the intense review! Cool

Sorry to hear that both you and Paul do not have air...I've been in that predicament many times before,in the past.For the first time in almost 20 years,I have central air & I'm loving every nano second of it....not loving the bills though!

I can't imagine running my studio with such high humidity,I'd be so fearful for my beloved equipment! Shocked

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 12:49:30 AM »

I can't imagine running my studio with such high humidity,I'd be so fearful for my beloved equipment! Shocked

-Thom

I haven’t been running my music computer or hardware synths while it was that humid and hot!  That’s why I have not contributed much to the forums lately. I was on vacation for a week then this last week it was hot and humid so it’s been a while.

But in the words of the California governor “I’ll be back”  Cheesy

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »

Real craftmanship here Thom, but if you don't mind I'll leave it till it gets a bit cooler here before playing it again Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »

Thanks Will! Grin

-Thom

isle3music

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »

Since it's been unbearably hot here in N.J. for the past couple of weeks,I had to express my heated torment in the form of music. Tongue Grin
-Thom
Hey,Thom
I almost missed this one too...I'm feelin the heat also my friend
This is very good especially after 0:50 sec,very well done,like the Bongos alot!Enjoyed it very much!!!!!!!!! Grin
Great work Thom
Rui
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: