Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:36:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bosphorus Strait  (Read 4437 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 14, 2010, 06:15:10 AM »

This song is about the work being done just under the sea-bed of a waterway in Istanbul,Turkey..which is a tunnel being bored out to connect the Asian & European sides of Istanbul.

I thought this mode of transportation was fascinating,but equally frightening...especially since there is a fault line,just 5.7 miles away from where this underwater tunnel will be.
Shocked

-Thom

* The Bosphorus Strait.mp3 (7018.19 KB - downloaded 285 times.)

* marmaray_tunnel.gif (31.83 KB, 416x400 - viewed 615 times.)

isle3music

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »

This song is about the work being done just under the sea-bed of a waterway in Istanbul,Turkey..which is a tunnel being bored out to connect the Asian & European sides of Istanbul.
I thought this mode of transportation was fascinating,but equally frightening...especially since there is a fault line,just 5.7 miles away from where this underwater tunnel will be.
Shocked
-Thom
Hey,Thom
I can hear the "working underwater" sound that you were going for right from the start.
It has a nice driven groove like a machine going at it...well done
Are those sounds from your Korg?
Rui
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »

Rui,

Trying to convey the underwater transport theme was an avid effort,so I appreciate your confirmation that it worked! Cheesy

All of the sounds-with the exception of the drums,were done with Reason 4(quite an underestimated software program by many,it seems).
Personally,I think Reason 4 is far superior over the NI Komplete 6 program & the really extraordinary thing about Reason 4,is that it's also a midi sequencer!

As it turns out,I am so unhappy with NI K6,that I think I will removed everything from K6 from my PC,& just leave Guitar Rig & Kontakt.

Thanks,

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:51:33 PM »

I can hear the "working underwater" sound that you were going for right from the start.
It has a nice driven groove like a machine going at it...well done

The segment that really works for me is between 58seconds and 1minute 28seconds. Crafty, indeed! Kiss

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:22:58 PM »

Thanks for your comments on my compositional constructions Oren,nifty,indeed! Cool

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: