Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:04:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 45 Million Year Old Beer  (Read 4094 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 08, 2010, 01:41:14 AM »

Fossil Fuel Beer
A century is old, two centuries is better, but 450,000 centuries is ridiculous -- and real! The Fossil Fuels Brewing Company realized that Jurassic Park's main problem was cloning vicious predators (which consume humans) instead of beer (which humans consume).

Doctor Cano, who, despite his name, is not trying to kill James Bond, recovered 45-million-year-old yeast from a Lebanese weevil preserved in amber, and he did the natural thing for a super-scientist hero: used it to brew an anciently delicious beer.

* fossil-fuel-brewing.jpg (25.36 KB, 348x247 - viewed 536 times.)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:29:50 PM »

I wonder how much a pint would cost?

I could not find a price for it when I saw this article about a year ago.

The older I get the better I was!
impablomations

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »

That will explain why T-rex only had those short arms.  Perfect length for holding a pint in one hand, a kebab in the other.  Grin

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »

What's really interesting to me about the source of this beer,is that this company is using form of yeast that dates back to a time when it was 20 million years after the extinction of dinosaurs.

The actual invention of beer,dates back to about 6,000 years ago and it began with the Egyptians(supposedly) and the malt fermentation process was perfected by the Sumerians.

Using a bacterium from a 45 million year old beetle sounds creepy,buy then I'm sure,this beer will pack an interesting flavor & buzz! Evil

Since this beer is listed as being one of the most expensive alcohols in the world,I don't know if I would want to know how much a pint costs!

-Thom

NeoN

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:40:25 AM »

That's a freakin' old beer........! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: