Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:37:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KURZWEIL PC3LE6 USER REVIEW!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14155 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: October 11, 2010, 07:54:10 PM »

This is my review I wrote on SonikMatter.com;

I've spent the last 3 hours totally immersed in the program mode & I haven't even scratched the surface yet...WOW!I knew I had something special,as soon as I pulled the keyboard out of the box....the overall tactile aspect of this keyboard is damn sexy!
The downward angle of the keyboard is a brilliant design,as it negates the possibility of your fingers striking the edges of the keybed....very sweet.
I have never come across a hardware 61 note keyboard with action like this and all of the knobs,buttons,data dial & mod/pitch wheels are so smooth....probably the best manufacturing to ever come out of China...incredible!

Needless to say,the overall layout of all of the functions is a dream come true and the interaction between the controls & the display is the icing on the cake!
I really don't mind the size of the display screen at all,because it's very easy to read & gentle on the eyes(still though,I am really looking forward to the sound editor software for deep editing though).

I know some folks don't care for the blue color,but I am in love with it!Black can be a very elegant color,but there are too many keyboards out there that are black,so this is a very welcome change for me.

As for the sounds...I am absolutely stunned by how lush & fat sound the presets are...more usable sounds than any other keyboard I've ever owned!
When comparing the PC3 pianos to that of the Korg M3's Xpansion pianos...well,as good as some of them are,the M3's grand piano still has a klinky type of sound to it,whereas the PC3 is impeccably authentic in every nuance of a real piano.

I really became lost in the pads category...so many sounds that I've been longing for that could only be had on software-that is,until I bought this beautiful board!
I am really overjoyed with the voice category as well,because Korg's voices are so damn redundant & plain.Kurzweil's voices have a really unique color to them & there are some superb retro vox sounds as well!

There's an awful lot of sounds I have not perused yet,mainly because there are so many fascinating sounds,that just I get stuck on one particular sound & spend a great deal of time on.

I can't wait to figure out the sequencer,as the possibilities seem so infinite...in fact,I probably won't be touching my software programs for a while!

My profound thanks goes out to Dave & the rest of the R&D team,for creating such a wonderful keyboard...this keyboard is really off the charts!!

-Thom

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 02:37:11 AM »

...Kurzweil's voices have a really unique color to them & there are some superb retro vox sounds as well!
There's an awful lot of sounds I have not perused yet,mainly because there are so many fascinating sounds,that just I get stuck on one particular sound & spend a great deal of time on.
I can't wait to figure out the sequencer,as the possibilities seem so infinite...in fact,I probably won't be touching my software programs for a while!...

Glad to hear you have a Kurzweil, now, Thom! Those folks have developed synthetic audio from its inception, and always on the leading edge.
You're  walking in the tall grass, Brother!...

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:38:52 AM »

Cool review, thanks

In the retro category, you should have the old pads use by Pink Floyd ? Those where realy great.

Looking forward to a demo song from you.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:15:19 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Cool

As it turns out though,I haven't had too much time to really explore the unit,because my keyboard locked up on me,as I need to update the OS.
I am having a terrible time trying to get the OS update to work & a lot of the other members of the SonikMatter forum don't have the patience for new Kurzweil owners,so I am getting some snobbish feedback.

The SonikMatter members are quite an elite group & I'm the village idiot,so I guess I can't expect to resolve my issues from there. Roll Eyes

Dave Weiser from the R&D department is very nice,but insanely busy,so I don't know when I'll get this situation sorted out.In the interim,I'll just keep plugging away until I figure it out,I guess.

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

Well, for one thing, a keyboard in that price range should'nt lock up just because it doesn't have the latest OS installed....

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 12:39:08 AM »

Until I get the update & sequencer sorted out,I won't be able to make a proper demo,but thought I would give you guys a small taste of the PC3LE6's sonic attributes.
This demo is nothing special....just me flipping through some of the programs......

-Thom

* PC3LE6 Demo.mp3 (7119.46 KB - downloaded 800 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 12:41:41 AM »

Photos..........

* PC3LE6 resized 001.JPG (1071.63 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 1343 times.)

* PC3LE6 resized 002.JPG (1116.63 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 1817 times.)

* PC3LE6 resized 003.JPG (1098.22 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 1338 times.)

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »

Nice pix...

... even nicer demo. That's quite a synth.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »

Thanks Will....now if I can just get the OS update to work,then I will be able to actually record & make music on the damn thing! Angry Roll Eyes

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: