Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:31:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A=432Hz  (Read 30123 times)
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 09:54:47 AM »

I'm not to much in software synths, so can't answer this
But I do know that all hardware synths that I have used (and that's a lot  Grin ) have a master tune section

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »

No problem with Zyn/Yoshi. Microtuning is available Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »

Here is an interesting side note to this thread.  We just had our piano tuned.  The tuner also tunes the pianos of a couple of prestigious music schools in our area.  I asked him what he tunes them to and he said he tunes the solo grand pianos to 445Hz.  He says the musicians like that bright sound higher tension brings.  He also indicated that he has to go back and replace broken strings a lot because of the high tension.

Note that he still tunes my wife’s old upright to 431Hz.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

... he tunes the solo grand pianos to 445Hz.  He says the musicians like that bright sound higher tension brings.  He also indicated that he has to go back and replace broken strings a lot because of the high tension.
Note that he still tunes my wife’s old upright to 431Hz.

Fascinating! I had heard that performing (as opposed to recording) orchestras favoured higher tuning because it "cuts" through ambient noise in a live venue, and holds the attention of the audience better.

And, oddly enough, rock musicians will tune their basses and guitars a full semi-tone lower for more impact and a "full" sound... Huh... Cheesy

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »

Further to this thread:

A neighbour has been hospitalized with liver cancer and finally deemed untreatable, and sent home to put her affairs in order. She expressed an interest in the healing music she has heard on youtube, but said she found the segments to be too brief to really enjoy.
I contacted some site members who have a very large catalogue of instrumental music about using some of their material, and after their enthusiastic approval, I remastered 10 of their songs to A=432Hz. After three weeks of listening to the music on headphones for extended periods each day, she is pain-free, and feels an improvement in mood and energy. She actually went out to lunch with a friend recently.
Her plan is to contact the physician who treated her and request more tests, and perhaps further treatment, now that she feels strong enough to follow up on all possible strategies.

There is, of course, no way to determine how much (if any) influence the re-pitched music had on her improvement, but the experience has encouraged me to continue looking in to the possibilities.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »

Who knows what the mind is capable of given just the right stimulus, and I guess that somehow this is what this lady got.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »

Here is an example of a recording that was performed from its inception as an A=432Hz composition, with each instrument tuned down 8Hz below standard "concert pitch".
 (Regular forum contributors will recognize this as my K-M Review contribution - just remixed)
The composition is deliberately percussive and trance-like, to allow the effects of the lower tuning to be felt without tricky chord changes or unnecessary dynamics. Rendered in LAME VBR for maximum fidelity in a small file.

Download, give it a listen - or two - and see what you think...

* A=432Hz performance.mp3 (6693.6 KB - downloaded 287 times.)

Azell

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

Je vais tester...
 Kiss Kiss
Azell

Kara pour toujours
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »

Je vais tester...

D'accord... bon chance... Cheesy

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »

Cool
Y'know .... I've been interested in these concepts since you first brought them up, over here.
I'm particularly interested in this 'subliminal medical' application. It all sounds extremely plausible to me.

As a collector of both musical instruments and antiques I have, in my collection, a few rather old penny whistles. These are brass bodied and quite decorative, although a bit beaten up. Probably Victorian.
They all play just slightly too much 'out of tune' for modern pitch.
If I can ever find the time to spend, on a project like this, you are giving me reason to test the frequency ranges of these instruments. I am likely to bet my pocket money on them being in your 'A=432Hz' range.  Shocked

Wink
James

* oldwhistles.jpg (1962.72 KB, 3296x2472 - viewed 597 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 05:00:48 AM »

James,

Those old whistles are fascinating! Cool

If you want to spend a few minutes testing them for pitch, here are three 30 second Ogg Vorbis files of A=432Hz, C=256Hz, and G=384Hz.
(generated in Audacity)

* A=432Hz.ogg (54 KB - downloaded 297 times.)
* C=256Hz.ogg (48.51 KB - downloaded 298 times.)
* G=384Hz.ogg (52.52 KB - downloaded 321 times.)

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »

Shocked
Excellent  Grin

I now have whistles in the keys of Bb and G .... matching the frequencies in your range.
The Eb one is slightly off, unfortunately.
If you ever want to put them to the test ... let me know.

The low one will play comfortably in Bb and Eb (and Fm)
the little high one will do G and C (and Dm)

Wink
James

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »

Wow! Those are seriously ancient whistles. How did you come by them?

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

I now have whistles in the keys of Bb and G .... matching the frequencies in your range.
The Eb one is slightly off, unfortunately.
If you ever want to put them to the test ... let me know.
The low one will play comfortably in Bb and Eb (and Fm)
the little high one will do G and C (and Dm)

Outstanding! wOO
I'll see about a from-scratch A=432 composition in one of these keys, then request that you go berserk with some old-school whistle action...
Attached are the notes in what the 432 folks call Pythagorean tuning, and the associated chakras... by the stimulation of which all of us will grow very old and healthy and wonderfully weird...
...a bit more about the theory of Pythagorean tuning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_tuning

* The frequencies of the scale at A=432Hz.jpg (30.66 KB, 861x411 - viewed 615 times.)

* Chakra frequencies in Pythagorean tuning at A=432Hz.jpg (47.37 KB, 714x332 - viewed 642 times.)

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »

Will,
just part of the junk that I pick up from trawling round flea-markets. Never paid more than a couple of pounds for them. As they are quite old they don't play too well. The beatings and dents don't help with the intonation.  Roll Eyes

Oren,
I'll be more than happy to join in with something although, be warned, these do not play too well, buddy.
Keep it at a leisurely pace.  Lips Sealed
The big Bb has a lovely low pitch to it whilst the little G is more like a piccolo.   Tongue

Wink
James

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: