Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:32:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Landscape in the Mist  (Read 4292 times)
shrikant

« on: November 14, 2010, 07:23:11 AM »

This one is  for the KVR Contest.

The title is borrowed from my favorite movie,Landscape in the Mist.

Thanks to Kara and other friends for the support.Please do let me know what you think of it.

* 1011_shrikant_ Landscape in the Mist.mp3 (4172.31 KB - downloaded 342 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »

The sounds are interesting, and the production is top-notch.

As a listener, I am most attracted to a composition when it has structure and an over-all direction - a theme that draws the listener along and makes some sort of artistic statement.
This production seems aimless, meandering, without discernable purpose. (unless that is the purpose...? Cheesy)

Is this helpful?

shrikant

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:26:50 AM »

Thanks Oren,for listening and giving your opinion. It seems I have always had this
problem with structure and meaningful content. Let us see where I will go from here !

Thanks once again. That was invaluable.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »

I agree with Oren.  You have some really good sections here but there is very little continuity between them.  You may try taking a section and repeat it a couple of times with a variation in each repeat.  The variation can be as subtle as a couple of note changes, using a different instrument, etc. or as extreme as doing both and adding a harmony part, a counter point, etc. There are not set rules but the playing field is wide open if you use your imagination.

You do have some great sounds here and your production is excellent.  It’s just the song structure is lacking IMHO.

Just my two cents.

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:07:32 PM »

This comes over very much as a story-telling piece of music, but I would expect it to be the support for an animation of some sort. I do like the way your style is developing.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
shrikant

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 04:45:44 AM »

Thanks Mario and folderol. Let me see how best I can improve my work. I was not able to access the site
due to some technical problems. Hence my reply is delayed.
Thanks once again.

shrikant
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: