Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:21:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Over-The-Hill Crew  (Read 7103 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: January 30, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

Will(folderol) conceived this piece and plays the two rhythm guitars. James(offthewall) plays the melody guitar and harmonica. I looped three different percussion samples from "SampleScience" and "Equinox Sounds", and played some bass guitar.
It's called "Bright".
Comments on the mix, and suggestions for improvement, are welcome (please, we need help Cheesy).

* Bright Jan30.ogg (4047.13 KB - downloaded 336 times.)
* Bright Jan30.mp3 (3253.6 KB - downloaded 342 times.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:52:45 PM by Oren » Logged

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »

I'm not sure what to make of this tune,as the bass line cuts out after :18 & is never heard from again...except for the chorus parts. Huh
Even in the chorus sections,the bass is far too low in volume.

Apart from the questionable bass track,this tune has a very authentic 60's folk-feel to it,which is spot on.It seems though,that this song was designed for vocals,perhaps?

Don't really understand how such a lovely recording is marred by such a deficient bass track...especially considering it comes from the resident bass & recording master extraordinaire....the only thing I can figure,is Mr.Fisher is having a slight case of writer's block with regard to the bass composition,maybe?

Fantastic collab gents,but just with that minor infraction that needs to be ironed out.

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:48:52 AM »

Thanks Thom!
Bassists are prone to mixing the instrument over-loud when producing a song - my inclination is to over-compensate... Grin
A re-mix is in order. I'd like to move the harp and melody guitar around a bit so they compliment each other better. This mix was executed when I was quite tired, and it shows.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »

So far so good short-hair 

I agree with Thom about the bass and I’m glad you are going to look into it.

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

You know I hadn't really noticed at first, but now you mention it.... I guess that comes from being a part of the 'Over The Hill Crew' Tongue

A little difficulty I seem to have is getting lost occasionally, so would someone be so kind as to let me know which particular hill we are over? Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:45:41 AM »

A little difficulty I seem to have is getting lost occasionally, so would someone be so kind as to let me know which particular hill we are over? Grin
No clue, Pardner, but the view is incredible... wOO
...new arrangement, more (too much? Cheesy) bass...

* Bright Feb 3.ogg (3699.73 KB - downloaded 351 times.)
* Bright Feb 3.mp3 (3032.87 KB - downloaded 419 times.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:04:19 AM by Oren » Logged

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 02:50:09 AM »

"Hmmm..." said the cook... "that soup needs something..." Roll Eyes

Well unlike the cook, an audio guy can remove ingredients from the "soup" if necessary, and that's what I did. The bass felt like an intrusion - no matter how I mixed it - so, it's gone... and to good effect, wouldn't you agree? Smiley

* Bright Feb5.ogg (3648.7 KB - downloaded 349 times.)
* Bright Feb5.mp3 (2972.77 KB - downloaded 356 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: