Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Englanders are at it again!  (Read 9563 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »

This is another collaboration between James and Myself.

It's quite a bit longer than usual, and pushed the boat out rather more.

Synth and lead guitar are from yours truly, while my partner in crime handles the bass, support guitars and 'interval' lead.

Enjoy!

* Faded_Pictures.ogg (6811.78 KB - downloaded 328 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »

... and for the oggless Smiley

* Faded_Pictures.mp3 (7487.39 KB - downloaded 295 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:32:30 AM »

A melancholy,yet sweet tune.A very nice marriage of synth & axe work.Could benefit from a drum track though.

Nice job gents. Cool

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »

...A very nice marriage of synth & axe work...

I was not surprised by the quality bass guitar and acoustic guitar work, nor by the proficiency with ZynAddSubFX, nor by the thoughtful composition... but that electric guitar...
Tone and phrasing right out of a soundtrack by Ennio Morricone. Very impressive.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 07:27:28 PM »

Thanks very much both of you. Greatly appreciated comments Cheesy

@Thom
We did think about drums but decided against it as we weren't sure it would add to the atmosphere.

@Oren
High praise indeed from a real guitarist! I still can't get the smoothness I want, but I'm working on it Wink

- Will
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »

This is really a nice song.
Great collab guys 
That lead is very clean  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »

Thanks Rony Smiley

- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 01:21:20 AM »

...A very nice marriage of synth & axe work...

I was not surprised by the quality bass guitar and acoustic guitar work, nor by the proficiency with ZynAddSubFX, nor by the thoughtful composition... but that electric guitar...
Tone and phrasing right out of a soundtrack by Ennio Morricone. Very impressive.

I couldn’t agree more.

This is one outstanding instrumental.  If I had heard this in a CD shop I would have purchased the CD immediately.  It’s that good!

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »

Wow! What a commendation! Thanks a lot Mario

- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »

Cool
Thanks, from me, for the comments.

@Mario ... I finally got the opportunity to try out the experiment which I suggested to you a while back, on this piece.
I got myself an electro-acoustic recently so did what I asked you to try.  I simultaneously recorded a mono track from the built-in piezo pick-up and a mono track from the usual method of microphone, then mixed them both together as a stereo track. It turned out to be quite interesting.  Each method seemed to clarify different frequency ranges so when they were put together the overall effect seemed to enhance the whole stereo spectrum.  Very interesting.   I shall pursue this method.  Roll Eyes

And thanks, Will, for letting me join in on this one.  Kiss

Wink
James

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 04:58:35 PM »

James, I also recorded my electro-acoustic both directly and with a mic.  I thought I have posted it, I’ll have to look.  However I took a different approach in that I left each mono track by itself.  This way I could add effects to one track while not on another.  This worked very well with an EQ, You may consider trying this.

The older I get the better I was!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:14:20 PM »

Mario,
That's what I did. I applied the EQ effects to each track individually then rendered them as a stereo track.

I often use this approach, applying effects then render as a new track, then delete the original and save as a new project. In this way I have the original files and processing saved in one project but in the new project I have the processed tracks in the mix whilst using minimal CPU power.
I have to do this as my machine is almost as old as I am  Roll Eyes

Wink
James

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: