Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:20:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble with NI Software Program  (Read 17429 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 01, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

I hate to be a bother once again,but yet again,Native Instruments is giving me a world of trouble and this time it is with the Scarbee Funk Guitarist software.
Their customer support is useless & the last time I had trouble with NI,someone from the Presonus forum helped me out,but I had a falling out with that person,so you guys are all I have to turn to.
I just can't fathom why NI is so complicated to set up & why their support is so useless...I never went through any of this crap with my Reason 4 set up.
Here's what I did,I opted for the download version and after it was completed using AlZip,I extracted the Set Up Wizard & ran that.It took about 20 minutes to install,so I assumed that all of the sample data was extracted as well.
I then ran my DAW & when I tried to load the sample data,I received an error message saying that it failed & that the error was unknown.I then went back to my download folder & extract all of the sample data,which is separated into two parts.
However,this rendered no change or results whatsoever.
I suppose it's pertinent to mention that during the set up process,I opted for the default settings with regard to the destination folder.

This is the last time I will ask for help,because if I ever get this situation resolved,I will never add anything further to my Komplete 6 program,because I am not going through this hell again each & every time & I certainly don't want to continually be a pain in the *ss to the folks here.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this & I will be eternally grateful for any & all help anyone is willing to provide,

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »

Here are some screenshots for some visual insight into my problem...

* Scarbee Screenshot.PNG (177.06 KB, 1175x569 - viewed 715 times.)

* Scarbee Screenshot 2.PNG (32.57 KB, 518x311 - viewed 595 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:48:16 AM »

Under the assumption that AlZip is the cause of the problem,I decided to uninstall the program & tried to install WinZip,but I am having trouble installing it.
I think the absence of an extension file is the cause,but still no progress...

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 12:51:57 AM »

Wow, you do seem to have a ton of problems with NI stuff.  I on the other have never had a problem with their installs.

I’m assuming that you did activate it prior to running it.

Did you run the program in stand-alone mode?  That is if it can be run that way; I’m not familiar with this one.  All NI programs must be run in stand-alone mode prior to running it as a VSTi.

Can you run resave batch?  That will find the samples for you if you can.

Last but not lease NI’s service department does not exist according to others. You should always post your questions on their forum http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Under Kontakt/Technical Issues or Kontakt/Threads is forum:Kontakt.  I’d bet you will get an answer in 24 hours there.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »

Yeah....I did activate it and I also tried running it in stand-alone mode,but same problem.What is "resave batch"?I've read that a lot of folks are having installation problems in general & it seems that NI has eliminated their phone tech support,as I could not find their phone #....calling them never did any good anyhow,in the past.

I'll try e-mail support & keep my fingers crossed & hope that I did not throw $119 down the drain... Sad

Thanks for your response,

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:30:05 AM »

Someone else posted on the NI forum that he could not decompress the files either.I initially thought that I had extracted the files successfully,but I went back & looked at the gigabyte amounts & the compressed file amount is a total of just under 8GB and if I remember correctly,with everything uncompressed,it amounts to 14GB.

Now I think I have a grasp on the problem,but how do I decompress the files?What extractor should I try using?By the way,the person who posted his problem has been waiting for a WEEK,for a reply.....so much for their supposed 24 hour response time! Angry

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?p=836043&posted=1#post836043

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:35:06 AM »

Resave batch is when the program can not find the samples you run batch
re-save, select the folder the samples are in and it will remember them from that point on.  It is located under the files icon in the top center of Kontakt’s main window.

Be sure and try the forum I mentioned.  They are very helpful there.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 01:43:51 AM »

Thom, check under Kontakt/Thread in Forum : Kontakt/ Sticky: New Instrument release – “Scarbee Funk guitarist”.  There is a lot of info there including this

“@Alfageejo: the "The patch could not be loaded (unknown error)" message usually appears when your version of Kontakt is too old. Maybe the update for your Kontakt standalone version worked, but nor the one for your VSTs? You can check by clicking on the NI logo in the upper right corner of Kontakt. The version to use is 4.2.2.4504.

If the VSTs have indeed not been updated, I'd recommend to re-install the Kontakt update, and make sure that the updated VSTs land in that VST folder that Cubase is actually using.”

Is this your problem? Solution?

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 02:14:54 AM »

What planet is NI from??In order to update my Kontakt player,I have to download a demo version that is 362MB & I have to wait 16 minutes for it?
Will this mess up my current configuration?By the way,when I tried to batch resave,I got this warning...screenshot of it below...

Batch resave is only for people who know exactly what they are doing & I certainly don't,so I can't take the chance. Undecided

* Batch Resave.PNG (11.72 KB, 484x176 - viewed 563 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 02:28:25 AM »

I also posted my problem in the Scarbee Funk Guitarist release thread....apart from that,I don't know what else to do.I spent 6 hours downloading this software program & it's been an awfully long day for me,which started at 12 noon today & it's been non-stop since then.

It's been over 10 hours & I didn't even scratch the surface yet.....I cannot even determine what the source of the problem is yet.I have to call it quits for today,before I get an ulcer over this.
Sometimes I feel like I have no business even owning a computer,because it is all way over my head & I'm drowning. Huh

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 02:51:44 AM »

Sometimes I feel like I have no business even owning a computer,because it is all way over my head & I'm drowning. Huh

Patience and perseverance will prevail, Dude.

Set the problem aside, relax, then commence dealing with the various issues in bite-size portions. Enjoy a small victory, then move on to the next challenge.
Divide and conquer, so to speak...
This is how I learned Linux, and as those who know me will be quick to assure you, I ain't no genius... Wink

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 04:25:54 AM »

Thanks for the encouraging words Oren,but the thing that is really distressing to me more than anything,is that when I had that guy from the Presonus forum helping install my NI Komplete 6 for the first time,well...he came through for me with flying colors,but I don't understand what he did.
That being said,I have no idea what he did to correct the situation,so even though he walked me through the installation,I learned absolutely nothing from the experience,because it was too technical for me to grasp.
Bottom line,is that I am completely dependent on people like that and when the time comes for me to re-install my NI K6 software on a new PC,I am completely screwed.
What you have to be aware of,is that once a program is installed,I can navigate my way around it,but I cannot install it myself.
I have had NI K6 for about a year now & I still can't install it,or effectively trouble-shoot problems on my own.I don't have a frame of reference,I don't know the language...as I am a virtual idiot when it comes to PC's & that's a very serious problem,considering how deep into computer recording I am now.
Without any formal computer education,I am always going to be merely a hands-on type of guy,without ever any real technical knowledge of computers.
All of you guys here have either been formally educated in this area,or were smart enough to pick it all up on your own,which makes me the most ignorant & least intelligent person on this forum.
If it weren't for you guys,I would still be stuck using WebTV and hardware keyboards & hardware recording devices & even though I've made a fair amount of progress in the last few years,I have reached my limit of learning & yet I have so far too go still,to reach the level I need to be at.

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 05:07:15 AM »

...the thing that is really distressing to me more than anything,is that when I had that guy from the Presonus forum helping install my NI Komplete 6 for the first time,well...he came through for me with flying colors,but I don't understand what he did.
...I have no idea what he did to correct the situation,so even though he walked me through the installation,I learned absolutely nothing ...when the time comes for me to re-install my NI K6 software on a new PC,I am completely screwed.
...once a program is installed,I can navigate my way around it,but I cannot install it myself.

That's one of the problems with:
- folks who are too helpful, and take over the process rather than work with you, or
- folks who really don't understand what they are doing, themselves - but are just repeating memorized instructions.

Better to get a few helpful hints on how to proceed (like Mario provides) than have some wizard ace it for you. Carry on, Pilgrim, it is well within your grasp... Cool

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 07:29:45 AM »

When I have compressed folders which the native Windows extractor can't handle I always turn to 7Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/).  Never had an problems with that.

Wink
James

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

What planet is NI from??In order to update my Kontakt player,I have to download a demo version that is 362MB & I have to wait 16 minutes for it?
Will this mess up my current configuration?By the way,when I tried to batch resave,I got this warning...screenshot of it below...

Batch resave is only for people who know exactly what they are doing & I certainly don't,so I can't take the chance. Undecided

Thom, you do not have to DL the demo.  When updating NI products ALWAYS go to the main NI page then click on support/update. Log on to your “Personal Update Manager”. Your Username is your email address.  Select your product, in this case KONTAKT 4 Update for Win then click on send.  You will see a number of Kontakt updates but click on “KONTAKT 4.2.2 Win Application and Library Update”.  Note that it’s 159 MB.  DL, unzip and install the update.  That should solve your problem.

You will always get that Batch resave message!  Not to worry but in this case that will not solve your problem.  You have to update Kontakt for this to work. This is quite common as when a new version out third parties start writing for it so you have to update.  This is common will all software and hardware companies.

I'm assuming that you have the full version of Kontakt 4 since you mentioned Komplete 6.  You also mentioned the Kontakt 4 Player.  These are two different products. Many patches either do not work or work in a demo mode in Kontakt 4 Player.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: