Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:25:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Temporary" artwork in urban Victoria BC  (Read 5675 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: April 03, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »

An artist who works in coloured sugar, like icing on a cake, applied her most recent urban creation on the wall of our traveller's hostel. The painted brick wall faces into "Waddington Alley", which is "paved" with wooden blocks, much like cobble stones.

* Stained - info.JPG (647.18 KB, 1272x1128 - viewed 666 times.)

* Stained - the alley.JPG (1586.8 KB, 3076x2484 - viewed 642 times.)

* Stained - the artwork.JPG (1355.44 KB, 1648x2144 - viewed 668 times.)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:36:12 AM »

She is one talented lady!

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »

She is one talented lady!

Indeed.
Many of the folks that I meet at this hostel are highly accomplished individuals who prefer to travel and meet local residents, rather than stay in chain hotels with room service. Scientists, engineers, artists, musicians - and all willing to chat about their area of expertise.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:34:58 AM »

This is one impeccably exquisite & beautiful piece of artwork...so much so,that it's a damn shame that it is only temporary. Shocked Cool Cry At least it has been immortalized by your camera though. Grin

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:50:46 AM »

... it's a damn shame that it is only temporary. At least it has been immortalized by your camera...

We hear some derogatory critiques of  modern technology, Thom, (usually from some pinhead Philistine Cheesy) but digital cameras allow even a hoser like me to capture memorable moments.
Thanks for your positive comments...

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:11 PM »

Seriously impressive artwork.

... Oh, and I was a hopeless photographer until I had the chance to immediately get some idea of the results, and could then make a second corrected attempt. I've since become, er... passable Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »

... until I had the chance to immediately get some idea of the results, and could then make a second corrected attempt...

I know a well-travelled photographer, who was among the first professionals to go digital.
His secret for outstanding results: shoot everything, and a lot of it. Then go home and skim off the cream... Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: