Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 69565 times)
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »

Thanks Oren
I'm in too. 

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Azell

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »

is there anything new?
Azell

Kara pour toujours
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »

I must say that this does just seem to go on and on without anything visible happening. I'm sorry if that's wrong and things are happening behind the scenes, but it would be really good to hear some news occasionally.

P.S.
Where is Mr Moon? Not heard from him for ages Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »

I'm pondering the project... Smiley

Right now, the whole thing is beginning to feel like carving out a headstone.
If at all possible, I'd like the tribute to be about Rony in the context of his vigorous musical life.

I'll have a proposal for your evaluation very soon - one that I hope will represent Rony much more accurately than an album full of songs about "how much we miss him", and what a great guy he was.
After all Rony/Kara was all about life...

Azell

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »

j'attends cela avec impatience. Je suis certaine que ce sera un bel hommage.
Merci Oren et tous les participants
Azell

Kara pour toujours
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »

After reviewing the submitted songs and searching the forum for more songs to round out a collection of audio that will aptly represent the musical life and times of Rony/Kara - I've concluded, it can't be done.
Everything I've come up with has been inadequate in the extreme.

The reason, I believe, is because the essence of Rony is in the freshness and enthusiasm of his interaction with forum members, working through the challenges of composition and home recording, and in the many collaborations he instigated and orchestrated.

The only fitting tribute to Rony is this site and its forum - all the spirited interactions, half-formed musical ideas, and amazing collaborative ventures that made our efforts here so rewarding.
With Moon now working alone to attend to our site, it is very likely Kara-Moon will not be around for many more years - and rightly so - without Rony, there is something integral missing.

But while the site and forum remain intact and functional, I'll apply my energies to highlighting the best of our collaborations and musical experiments from my Facebook page, and here on the forum, so that as many musicians as possible can experience the creative process as it transpired here, song after song.

If any one feels that an album of Kara-Moon music is an essential tribute to the man we knew as Kara, go for it! I'll help where I can...

Oren
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:49:28 PM by Oren » Logged

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 12:20:32 AM »

Oren ... I agree 100% with what you just said. And said well.

Best,

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »

Well I don't agree at all.

If the music that was offered doesn't suit, then why not an album of the collaborations that (as you say) Rony was part of or instigated?

Yes, Rony was the father of Kara-Moon, but when the father dies (which is always going to happen at some time) the kids don't just give up and slink away forgetting everything they learned. I don't regard collaborations here in the past tense. Indeed, I will shortly be putting up a collaboration with another KM member.

I have no idea how much work it takes to maintain a site like this. My own is quite tiny and takes little maintenance, but to say it's not going to be here much longer would seem to be an affront to Mr Moon. If he were to come on here and say 'Look guys, this is getting too much for me' then it would be a different matter, but he hasn't.

As soon as you say there is no future, you take away whatever possible future there is, and that is something I refuse to do.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:41 PM »

Well ... I sort of agree with Will on this one.

I've been waiting to see if there would be more input for this project because I have quite a few collab tracks, with Kara, which I would willingly submit. I just didn't want to look as if I were hogging the stage.
If anyone here is still interested I am more than willing to collect and compile the music and put together liner notes and artwork to go with it, for download, if someone else can do the mastering.
We've done it before with the other K-M albums.

So .... said it now ... can't take it back   Evil

Wink
James.

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »

I can understand both sides. But I do feel that there's life yet in this place. Even though it isn't that active anymore, it's clear that we all still regularly check it out.

Percy and I did produce the song Rony's theme, which we also put on our album Earth Summit but it would seem more in place in a collection of tracks. And while maybe not all are perfect (if I may use that word in the broadest sense possible for the moment), I do think that would reflect how diverse we all are in how we express ourselves.

So here is another idea. Maybe we should have a Souncloud page for these tracks, which could be linked to from here and from the new FB site. The nice thing about SC is that it's very easy to embed and promote and does also allow for feedback. I'm sure that, as well as a tribute, it would serve well as yet anoter way to promote our projects. Remember that for not-km users, it isn't that transparent where all the music is.

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »

Of course, I would be happy to master any collection of songs deemed appropriate for the tribute.

After attempting to assemble some representative music, my sense of the project was that a finite selection of songs cannot possibly represent the nature of Rony's contribution to our music, and I would rather not risk diminishing his memory in such a manner.

It is not that I am against the idea of a tribute album - it is just that I can not see how such a project can do the man justice.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

Possibly no tribute does justice to someone who we've lost, but any tribute tells the world we care.

- Will
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: