Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:57:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inaccurate chord durations  (Read 4795 times)
bassplyr4ever

« on: June 02, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »

I created a groove for myself using sequences from the stdpats library.  I'm using the L1, L2, and C1234 chord patterns in a sequence.  My sequence line is the following.

Sequence L1 L2 C1234

I have Include stdpats at near the top of the file. 

The results I am hoping for are a whole note in measure 1, 2 half notes in measure 2, and 4 quarter notes in measure 3.  The results I am getting are a dotted half note in measure 1; dotted quarter notes on 1 and 3 of measure 2; and dotted eighth notes on 1, 2, 3, and 4 of measure 3.  The other space in each measure is filled by rests.  Has anyone seen this behavior before?
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 05:42:41 AM »

See the fine manual entry for ARTICULATE. By default the note durations are adjusted to 70% of what you specify. This makes things sound "normal" ... well, that's the idea. Try setting "ARTICULATE 100" and you'll get full value. You can make articulate greater than 100 and get a "ringing" or "string" like sound.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Best,
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:22:59 PM by bvdp » Logged

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
bassplyr4ever

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »

I missed that in the manual.  I'm not sure that would have clicked with me as the cause without reading your post.  That's a really useful command.  I'm going to play around with that and see if I can find a middle ground that's a little more pleasing to me.  Having everything cut to dotted notes was just too short for what I'm making.  Thanks for the pointer.
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a "perfect" setting for this. If you look at some of the supplied style files you'll see all kinds of values. Different instruments, tempos, and styles all call for different settings.

Have fun.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: