Kara-Moon Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CYBERPOWER Apevia desktop PC  (Read 7947 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: June 07, 2011, 02:17:52 AM »

CyberPower Pc's are an unusual animal in the computer world(at least to me they are),as they have both pre-assembled and custom options & I opted for the plug'n'play version.
However though,I was quite taken aback by the contents of the package,as there was a separate box that was labeled as containing a Asus motherboard.....so naturally,I panicked....because there was a CPU connector cable in the box,but no motherboard! Huh Shocked

When I finally got a hold of tech support,they informed me that the connector cable was a spare part,for future upgrades and that the motherboard was in fact,pre-installed....whew! Grin

It has an AMD 6-core processor 2.80Ghz,1TB HD & 4GB of ram(expandable to 8GB)....so I think I'll be covered for a while. Cheesy

The only downside to adding a new PC to my set up,is of course,re-loading all of my software.As for my Presonus S1 DAW and my Reason 4 programs,they were a breeze to install & activate,as all I needed to do was enter the license keys.
However though, Native Instruments was a nightmare that never got resolved,because as soon as I entered my Komplete 6's serial #,I was cold-cocked(I received a message that the serial # was already in use).

I purposely bought a broadband router so that I could run the internet on both computers(so as to avoid any hitches),but NI insists on making my life hell! Angry
I suppose that I have no alternative,but to wait until my old PC crashes,so that I can spend another small fortune on another new PC...just so I can use my f**king NI software again. Roll Eyes

-Thom

* DSCI0467.JPG (2968.13 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 857 times.)

* DSCI0465.JPG (2864.24 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 829 times.)

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:30 AM »

Maybe call their support.

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »

Komplete allows installation on three separate systems; beyond that you'll need to contact support. Maybe you've run out of re-installs?

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »

This doesn't make any sense,as I have only the one installation so far....I'll have to see what type of song & dance NI wants me to do...I guess there is a sea of red tape I have to go through first. Undecided

-Thom

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »

Strange, I bought a lot of their stuff ending up with purchasing Komplete; they allowed me to transfer licenses for Kontakt (which I didn't need anymore when I got the full Komplete) and got back to me quite quickly when I mailed them how to do that. In any case, hope you'll get them to help you quickly.

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »

CyberPower Pc's are an unusual animal in the computer world(at least to me they are),as they have both pre-assembled and custom options & I opted for the plug'n'play version.
It has an AMD 6-core processor 2.80Ghz,1TB HD & 4GB of ram(expandable to 8GB)....so I think I'll be covered for a while.

That is one ass-kicker computer you latched on to, Pilgrim! wOO

It will take some time and effort to get it set up with your software of choice, but I think you will be amply rewarded in the long term. Relax - persevere - you have a winner on your hands.
Snappy looking unit, too...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: