Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:41:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member -- Saying Hello  (Read 8500 times)
SLD Music

« on: June 07, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've been snooping around KVR a bit (and entered last month's contest) and thanks to offthewall's KVR signature, and several threads there, I decided to dip my toes into the Kara-Moon forum. 

I've read about the recent loss of Kara, and I relay my sympathies to you all and to his family.   Cry

Anyway, I'm Scott.  I'm from the Southwest corner of the USA.  ::ducking for cover::  Although I'm not an instrumentalist (as much as I wished I'd stuck with those piano lessons when I was younger), I do have a better than average amount of musical knowledge, being a classically trained vocalist in my college years.  I haven't done it in a while, but I had a lot of experience performing live as well.

That all said, I like ALL KINDS of different music from electronic genres to pop, to classic rock, to classical, and more.  Anyway, my relationship with music is a long and boring story, but suffice it to say thanks to the amazing developments in technology over the last few years (that I had apparently been completely oblivious of) I've just recently started composing my own music, and I'm really having a blast with the whole thing. 

I haven't found a niche yet, and I'm not sure I ever will.  I'm just messing around with what I like and trying to learn as much as I can.  This forum seems like a very nice place to do that.

Scott S.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »

Hey Scott,

Glad to have you aboard and hope you stick around for the long haul! Cool

Welcome & enjoy yourself,

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:56 AM »

... thanks to offthewall's KVR signature, and several threads there, I decided to dip my toes into the Kara-Moon forum. 
Anyway, I'm Scott.  I'm from the Southwest corner of the USA.  ...I had a lot of experience performing live as well...
... thanks to the amazing developments in technology over the last few years (that I had apparently been completely oblivious of) I've just recently started composing my own music, and I'm really having a blast with the whole thing...
I haven't found a niche yet...

You're welcome here, Scott, niche or not. Grin
Show us some of your music, lend your voice to our collaborative efforts, ask for advice on production issues, and give advice to those of us who can't sing (that'd be everybody here, at last count)
You'll be in big demand at K-M... wOO

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:19 AM »

Hi there, and welcome to kara-moon  Grin

It's always good to get new members. I'm glad you picked it up from my signature 'over there'. I been thinking about trying to do a promotion to drum up some more new members but it is difficult knowing where to post something like that.

Anyway ... I'm pleased you made it.
We can now look forward to hearing some more of your music, my friend.
I hope that you feel as comfortable here as most others do. Kara always tried to inspire this camaraderie which breeds collaborative efforts as well as mutual help and 'constructive' criticism.  Cool

Wink
James

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:51 AM »

Welcome Scott to our international band of music makers! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here and I look forward to hearing your musical contributions!

Also known as Marc JXP
SLD Music

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »

...and give advice to those of us who can't sing (that'd be everybody here, at last count)

People who can't sing?  That's not what I'm hearing...  Smiley

Scott
Azell

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »

Bienvenue Scott. Je suis ok avec toi, ils savent tous chanter, chacun avec son propre style, mais ils sont très humbles et très gentils  Cheesy
Je suis la femme de Kara et j'ai trouvé beaucoup de compassion et d'amitié avec eux depuis que Kara nous a quitté. J'étais sa chanteuse préférée mais je suis maintenant sans voix... pour l'instant. Venir sur ce site tous les soirs, c'est pour moi une raison de survivre. Alors, j'espère que tu restera longtemps ici avec nous tous.
Welcome Scott. I'm ok with you, they know all sing, each with its own style, but they are very humble and very nice   Cheesy
I am the wife of Kara and I found a lot of compassion and friendship with them since Kara has left us. I was his favorite singer but now I'm without voice ... for the moment. Coming to this site every night, it gives me a reason to survive. So, I hope you will be long with us all.
Azell

Kara pour toujours
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »

Hi Scot, let me be the first to...
Oh...
Um.. I'm late, again Roll Eyes

Never mind. Nice to see you here Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 02:04:40 AM »

Hi Scott and welcome.

Late to the part as always Wink

...and give advice to those of us who can't sing (that'd be everybody here, at last count)

People who can't sing?  That's not what I'm hearing...  Smiley

Scott

AHH you haven’t heard me sing then Evil

PS this is one of the nicest group of guys on the internet wOO wOO wOO

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: