Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:08:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new song needs feedback!!!  (Read 5650 times)
Timothee

« on: July 31, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »

This is a new song of mine called The long way around...I wasn't sure wether to put it under the trance catagory or under from the shadows, so I put it here instead where it lurks label-free... It is a bit trancy though, but not commercial trance at all, more house-based than anything with a progressive movement... anyway I would like some feedback on it if you have a minute because its sort of a new style i've stumbled apon and I would like to branch out as much as possible with it, so anyways, here it is...   http://soundcloud.com/tim-billstrom/the-long-way-around
 Smiley

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »

I thought the 2 minute intro was a bit much in length,with just the one arpeggio & drums,but beyond that,the tune got very interesting. Cool

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »

I thought the 2 minute intro was a bit much in length,with just the one arpeggio & drums,but beyond that,the tune got very interesting. Cool

What Thom said. Good song, good sounds.
If you want to develop it a bit, shorten that intro, and expand on some of musical ideas you introduce in the second half of the tune.

Timothee

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:07:54 AM »

Hey thanks for the advice I'll consider it, although the intro is like that to make sure the listener gets a good fill of that fantastic percussion mix, and as you probably know, a lot of dance music is very repetitive and in a lot of cases, it just drags on for a while, to give people time to dance, naturally..

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »

As a dance track I can see it would work well having that looooong intro, but it doesn't work so well as a 'listening' track. How about some subtle variations that wouldn't be noticed by the ravers but would give the rest of us something more to bite on?

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Timothee

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »

You guys are right, and ive been a bit harsh on your views, so i apologise...after listening to it a few hundred more times, i have come to find the intro a bit too stretched out as well...It would be a good thing for dancing, but a track designed for listening is also important... I dont know if I will re-edit this one just yet though as I have a ton of projects Im focused on right now, but maybe next month or something...  Anyways thanks for the feedback guys, as always it opens my eyes to subtle details I overlook during production...
Also i realize this isnt really a kara-moon style and I appreciate you all going out of your way to offer me critique..
Cheers !

Azell

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »

well, for me, the more I listen, the better I like. And I wanted to dance, though dance trance that's not my age. Congratulations  Tim, I like, and the next time I'll become addicted  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Kara pour toujours
Timothee

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 05:45:36 AM »

Thanks Azell, it means a lot...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: