Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Z3ta+ 2  (Read 5392 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: August 28, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »

OK, I'm pretty excited. I've discovered that Cakewalk had released a brand new version of Z3TA+

Fot those people who doesn't know this softsynth, chackout: http://www.cakewalk.com/products/z3ta/

I liked the original Z3TA+ very much, but disliked it's out of date interface. Whit  this new version, it looks like many of the shortcomings of the old version has been tackled. The demo sounds on the cakewalk site were convicing enough to make me buy the upgrade (39 euro). Can't wait for the in depth hands-on on this great softsynth.

I'll let you know if my high expectations can be met Wink
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:38:56 AM »

First impression:  wOO

Sounding very sharp and crisp. Tons of nice up to date presets. Good interface. Looks rock-stable.

Presets are dance-oriented: in this style, this VSTi shines !

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »

... so we'll be hearing something from you soon then Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:26:11 AM »

I got the original Z3ta+ ages ago, before its developer Rene joined Cakewalk. He's one of those brilliant developers that keeps refining their synths (I used his freeware synths for ages) and there were loads of great sounds. My main issue was that the majority of these were very dance-oriented and dominated the mix. And I never got around to programming any sounds myself. Lately I've been concentrating on just three main developers, to keep things from getting to complex every time when I need to set up something: G-Force (who've just released their follow up to the fantastic ImpOSCar 1!), Spectrasonics (I can't get enough of Omnisphere) and Native Instruments (Komplete has basically anything you'll ever need). Somehow these three just work perfectly together. Normally in a Live setup I'll use Kontakt and Battery to set up drums and sampled instruments, Omnisphere for great pads and leads and G-Force stuff for more specific sounds when you really want 'that' analog lead or pad (Minimonsta is fantastic and Imp 2 is just a sound monster).

Also known as Marc JXP
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »

... so we'll be hearing something from you soon then Grin

That's the plan  Wink
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »

My main issue was that the majority of these were very dance-oriented and dominated the mix.

Yes, I know what you mean. The patches on this synth are made to sound big and fat and when you play them stand-alone, you are immediatly blown away and impressed by it's sound. I'm sure you can use this synth very well in a mix. The most return from Z3TA+ 2 will be found in dance oriented music, that's for sure. I think this was the focus of it's makers though.

I'll start experimenting with a more dance oriented style and let you know how it sounds in a mix.

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: