Kara-Moon Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:45:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha Tech Support Rant  (Read 7028 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 07, 2011, 11:56:03 PM »

Although there seems to be an ample amount of tech support resources from Yamaha(the Motifator forum) being one of them and the other,being phone support,it is not of much help to me.
Reasons being,is that the moderators on the forum,become easily annoyed with Yamaha newbies and either dodge your questions,or give you smart-*ss responses(because you're not a 20 year Yamaha-user-veteran,therefor your a dumb-*ss) and they can't be bothered with you.

As for the phone support,well...if you have any questions about anything,they tell you that someone will get back to you within 24 hours(which is really atrocious,since their tech line is a toll call. Angry

Now I realize that this whole affair is not a plug & play situation,as I only received my keyboard yesterday,but Yamaha is an enormously large company with scores of employees and all I want at this point,is to have all of my downloads and activation procedures sorted out,so I can begin familiarizing myself with the miles upon miles of functions between my MOX6 and the software it came with.

In the past 24 hours,I've managed to get a fundamental understanding on the MOX6's on-board functions,as well as successfully downloading the USB/midi driver,the editor VST & the remote tools,but as for activating the Cubase AI5...well...I am really stunned buy the long & tedious process and all to no avail,thus far...as I can't activate Cubase.
The Steinberg website wants you to download "elicenser" control center so I did that.Then I registered,then they want a "soft e-license" number,in order for them to send you an e-mail that has an activation code,but they never provided the "soft e-license" code,so I can't get the activation number.
Apparently I must have overlooked a step in the procedure,but I went over it again and again,watched the tutorial activation videos again and again and I'm thinking..."WHY THE HELL,SHOULD I NEED TUTORIAL VIDEOS,JUST TO ACTIVATE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM?".

The really hilarious part,is that the videos are of no help to me and I am just left pulling my hair out,trying to figure out where I went wrong,if in fact,I did.

This whole mess is just as bad as Native Instruments,but yet,Propellerhead's activation process is so wonderfully easy,as all you need,is a single activation code that was included with your product and you can re-install it on as many computers as you like...forever and ever.

Perhaps I may have all of this mess sorted out tomorrow,if I receive a call then,but the fact that I have to be glued to my phone for up to a 24 hour period,every time I have a question or issue,is enough to give me the sh*ts.

If I wanted an answer in a 24 hour window,I would have just contacted e-mail support. Angry Why is it that Yamaha is the only company that has a 24 hour call-back system? Huh

I have enough work ahead of me in an effort to learn my new gear,without having to spend every waking hour fussing about with licensing and multiple activation procedures....well..at least Yamaha provided me with activation codes for each of the included plug-ins for my Cubase software,which is yet something else,that is being put on hold. Roll Eyes

Some of these companies are going to extremes for air-tight security against the pirating of their software,making it very difficult-if not impossible for honest,paying customers to use the software and yet,the pirating of software continues merrily on,because the hackers out there know how to bypass all of the security procedures these software companies come up with.

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:10:40 AM »

Thom, I hope you can sort out the issues with the activation. I didn't know it could be such a hassle to activate software. The registration and activation of my Cakewalk products are mush simpler: type in the serial number and the registration code which is displayed at your customer page on their website.

I'm intersted in buying some software from soundtoys, which work with an ilok dongle. I've got the ilok dongle but still have to go through the registration process. I hope this goes smooth...

Anyway, good luck with Cubase. Hope it gets solved soon...

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »

Thom, I hope you can sort out the issues with the activation. I didn't know it could be such a hassle to activate software. The registration and activation of my Cakewalk products are mush simpler: type in the serial number and the registration code which is displayed at your customer page on their website.

I'm intersted in buying some software from soundtoys, which work with an ilok dongle. I've got the ilok dongle but still have to go through the registration process. I hope this goes smooth...

Anyway, good luck with Cubase. Hope it gets solved soon...

Moon

Well...for some people..like myself,it can be a hassle,as I am a musician,not a computer geek/programmer as well...so I have an awful lot of difficulty with troubleshooting issues that can arise with installing some software.
That being aid,I'm sure this scenario wouldn't be tough for you at all.

I'm getting along fine with the on-board sequencer functions and I've navigated my way through all of it enough to lay down some song ideas,which is all I can do until tech support sorts out my problems.

As I discovered today,Yamaha's tech support is actually very helpful,but their way of dealing with the high volume of customer requests is to call you back when they are available.
Initially,I had a major issue with this,because I thought I had to stick by the phone until they called in the 24 hour time frame,so as to not miss the call....but actually,I can call them back anytime,if I miss their call and they will be readily available to help me.

Currently,Steinberg has participated in working to help me with the licensing issue I'm having,so perhaps I may get Cubase up & running later today.

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: