Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:32:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cubase & my MOX6....  (Read 38724 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 12:40:06 AM »

I just downloaded a new license for my Cubase AI5 and it came in a format that my PC can't recognize and one that I have never seen before.

-Thom

Thom, what is the file format?  If you can give use the file name, such as A15.nnnmaybe someone here can help you.  Remember the most important part of the file name is the .nnn (extension) part.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 02:08:05 AM »

Mario,

It's some sort of compression and it's nothing like Zip,7-Zip or Rar....it's called Rich Text Format.

-Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »

Thom,
RTF should open in MS Word, or OpenOffice.

Wink
James

SLD Music

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 01:18:34 PM »

Of course... if it's an encrypted RTF license file, when you open it in Word the best you'll get is gibberish.  I'm sure the file came with information on what it was and where to put it? My point is that you may not NEED to or be able to open it yourself.  The instructions on what to do with the file are at least as important as the file itself.  You may just need to put it in the right spot on your computer so that Cubase AI or Elicenser can find it.

Maybe...  I obviously don't know for sure...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:22:59 PM by SLD Music » Logged
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »

I've contacted Steinberg & asked them to send me the license via a Zip file and if they can't to do this for some reason,then good riddance,to Cubase.
Whether or not my situation with Cubase is sorted out,I still want to eventually get the Sonar X1 Producer,as there are so many more reasons to have it,aside from the fact it is compatible with my MOX6.

Anyhow,thanks for the info,guys. Cool

-Thom

SLD Music

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:20 PM »

Thom,

Just to be clear... RTF isn't a compression format, it's a document file format.  The license could BE the RTF.  It could be that you just have to put it in the right place for the elicenser to make sense of it.  Have you even tried to open it with Word or Open Office?

I wish I could help more, but I'm using the full version of Cubase 6, which handles licensing differently with a USB dongle.  Cubase AI uses a "soft licenser", and what that generally means is that the license is stored on your computer somewhere rather than an external dongle.  If you're trying to install the license "manually" meaning not using Elicenser to download and install the license automatically, you'll need some computer know-how and some clear instructions on how to do it.  I can't imagine Steinberg is just sending you a raw license file with no guidance on what to do with it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:39:04 PM by SLD Music » Logged
SLD Music

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57:58 PM »

[edit]Meh...

Never mind...  Smiley[/edit]

Sorry you're so frustrated, Thom.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:15:20 PM by SLD Music » Logged
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 09:16:23 PM »

Thom, I hope you're happy with Sonar. I'm sorry you think I'm a Cubase fan or supporter - I'm a user, and that's a different thing as I'm quite aware of any problems. I've also used Logic in the past and am using Live (though not so much as a sequencer). I'd like to think that I'd feel the same about someone slagging off Garage Band, or Reaper.

And quite frankly I'm getting tired of being constructive and nuanced when apperently it's ok to get frustrated and lash out. Once again - I do fully appreciate your anger towards what obviously has gone wrong and I accept that you conclude that the software doesn't work as you expect it to, but to call it inferior and saying that it sucks is just not true.

We're trying to keep a positive vibe going here, so please keep it as you did in your excellent monitor reviews (been reading them a lot lately as I'm looking for new monitors) and write a bit more objectively about such matters.

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »

Marc,

I removed the post.

Ultimately,I tried to be fair,while also expressing how much I really dislike Cubase.I'm sorry,but I don't know how to be completely objective about software and leave out my opinions.

I didn't mean to imply that Cubase was inferior in it's capabilities,but simply that Sonar is less complicated and a better value,in my opinion.

I understand that you want me to keep my emotions out of it,but understand that I don't like someone trying to suppress my opinions,because you find them too negative.

I apologize for you feeling insulted by the way I worded things and maybe I'm too passionate about my feelings towards my discontentment towards Cubase,but Cubase & Native Instruments get me emotional.

I don't want this area of the forum to degenerate into a "Motifator" atmosphere,so I'm out...I'm done.I did not want to argue over gear or software and I'm not going to.

I am going to be completely neutral about gear & software and just focus on music only,from here on in.

Thanks,

-Thom

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:42:03 PM by Moon » Logged

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:20 PM »

Np... And for what it's worth: Steinberg haven't updated their generic remote controller implentation in ages and its hardly useable. Also, though I'm mostly in 64 bit now, Cubase's own 64 bit wrapper causes big problems for at least one of my VSTi's which I really need and which doesn't have a 64 bit version. Which is particularly annoying as there's a 3rd party one - jbridge - that works perfectly.

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: