Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:02:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ...the 432Hz re-master...  (Read 3684 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »

Further exploration into the A=432Hz phenomenon has yielded an unexpected creative outlet...

A=440 music pitched 8 Hz lower than it is recorded is purported to have some of the same therapeutic value as music performed and recorded at A=432 Hz. Re-pitching some of my favourite music, using Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ - has resulted in a collection of soothing audio that helps me refresh between mastering sessions, relax after a stressful day, or tune out mental "noise" when in agitated frame of mind.

The problem: re-pitched music tends to contain odd digital "artifacts" - bits of strange audio phenomena that were not present in the original recording.

My solution: over time, I've come to regard remastered 432Hz audio files as a type of technical artform, similar to sampled/looped productions, beat slicing, or "low-fi" remixes of existing audio content. Re-mastered 432Hz audio is never going to sound absolutely like the original, no matter how good the re-pitching software becomes, so why not make it a cultivated taste - purposely altered to an inexact representation of the original?
One gets an interesting bit of altered audio, plus many of the physical/psychological benefits of music performed and recorded at A=432 Hz. In our new world of audio possibilities, this is one more direction a digital audio artist may choose to pursue.

* 432Hz re-master.jpg (168.32 KB, 1265x695 - viewed 457 times.)

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »

Cool
I sometimes feel that I have always been a convert to this even before I knew what it was.

Back in the old days, when I was teaching myself guitar, I used an old record player which had a worn drive wheel. It played everything just that tad out of pitch to what it should have been.
I always tuned my guitar to whatever records I was listening to. Consequently, if I went to play along with anyone else I had to tune slightly up again. My ear was so tuned in to my own pitch that it always made me feel uncomfortable with other musicians.  Roll Eyes

Strange, but true  Cool

Wink
James

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »

... if I went to play along with anyone else I had to tune slightly up again. My ear was so tuned in to my own pitch that it always made me feel uncomfortable with other musicians.  Roll Eyes

Strange, but true  Cool

You're my kind of man, Mr. Fraser. Odd from the get-go... wOO... Grin
             _________________________________________________________________________-
I've heard of a gentleman who purchased a set of "healing bowls", hammered from brass and tuned by ear in a Buddhist monastery. When tested for pitch they measured nearly exactly the notes of that A=432 Hz scale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: