Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:18:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New album by 87PM: Earth Summit  (Read 11328 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 24, 2012, 12:35:03 AM »

Well - about four years after finishing Ocean Coast it's finally time to present our new album to the world! Currently the digital download versions are being processed for distribution as are the cd versions which we are having pressed at cd baby.

Earth Summit is a follow up to Ocean Coast and is loosely themed to describe the evolution of the planet and life on it. Musically, it is a bit different from Ocean Coast as it features more attention to bass parts (inspired by Rony) and percussion and it also has two actual songs on it - Dust and Endless Fields (sung by guest vocalists, no need to worry, we're not singing! Wink ). And: we have Oren showing off his guitar skills on Dust! Oren also reprised the mastering duties for this one.

Tracklist:
- Mountain Ranges
- Earth Evolved
- Dust
- Hidden World
- Industrial World
- Endless Fields
- Unknown Earth
- Rony's Theme

If you follow us on Facebook, you've probably already seen the previews (and complete versions of two songs) pass by, but for those who didn't, they can be found on our SoundCloud page: http://soundcloud.com/marcjx8p.

More to follow!

* CD Earth Summit v3.jpg (1904.08 KB, 2204x2204 - viewed 917 times.)

* EarthSummit-87PM-1920-1080-1.jpg (357.15 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 883 times.)

* EarthSummit-87PM-1280-1024-1.jpg (238.2 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 884 times.)

Also known as Marc JXP
SLD Music

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:51:51 PM »

Congratulations, Marc!

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »

... about four years after finishing Ocean Coast it's finally time to present our new album to the world!
Earth Summit is a follow up to Ocean Coast and is loosely themed to describe the evolution of the planet and life on it..
Oh yeah! wOO

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »

So what took you so long Grin
{ducks and runs, weaving erratically}

Seriously, this is good stuff as usual. Always lots of detail so you just have to keep listening again to pick up what you missed Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 04:17:36 PM »

Thanks guys! ) And here's the scoop - it's out on cd baby now!

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/87PM

Actually, it was for a few days but I had to request a minor adjustment (they listed our name with lower case letters, 87pm, in stead of 87PM. No, I'm not obsessed with details.  Wink ). I also wanted to do a download myself to see whether it was ok. It has now also been approved for digital distribution which means that a lot of digital stores will be carrying it over the coming weeks (such as iTunes and Amazon MP3 but also Spotify).

It indeed took long - we do hope that we'll be able to shorten that a bit for the next ones but in the end there's also the bit where you don't feel some stuff is ready yet and you keep changing and polishing and sometimes throwing stuff out and putting new material in. And then there's the process of publishing your material which, although cd baby makes it relatively painless, still incorporates a lot of checking, rechecking, uploading and whatever...

In any case, we're really proud to release this one now into the world and a big thanks (again) to our friends Rob Palmen and Helwig Hagelaar who sung on Dust and Endless Fields respectively and Oren for his mastering and his guitar skills on Dust!

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »

... No, I'm not obsessed with details.  Wink...
... we're really proud to release this one now into the world...

Exceptional work, as always - congratulations, Marc and Percy! Kiss

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »

Whoa - I didn't expect things to go THIS quick! It's already available on iTunes and Amazon MP3... Was expecting at least a month, but I may be remembering it wrong from when I published Ocean Coast by using cd baby's digital distribution. Very excited! It's really cool to see these two albums side by side! )

Now let's hope that next week the cd's arrive and in perfect order and Earth Summit will be available in whatever form you want*!

* As long as it's as a file-form or in a flat, cd-like shape. No other forms are supported, really. No, we didn't plan on doing 8 track cassettes... Wink

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »

Whoa - I didn't expect things to go THIS quick! It's already available on iTunes and Amazon MP3... Was expecting at least a month, but I may be remembering it wrong from when I published Ocean Coast by using cd baby's digital distribution. Very excited! It's really cool to see these two albums side by side! )

Now let's hope that next week the cd's arrive and in perfect order and Earth Summit will be available in whatever form you want*!

* As long as it's as a file-form or in a flat, cd-like shape. No other forms are supported, really. No, we didn't plan on doing 8 track cassettes... Wink

Hmmm. So I suppose 1/2inch 30ips open reel tape is out of the question then Grin

Great stuff. I'm really pleased it's going so well. You guys deserve it. Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »

Well - if the demand is enough we might do a wax cylinder version! Wink

Thx for your kind words! We're really happy now it's all done - can't wait to start working on the next one! For now, work on live gigs starts with the first one being in Second Life on Saturday which is always a fantastic ground.

Also known as Marc JXP
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »

Just thought I'd add to this thread by saying that I've played a few live gigs in Second Life so far which went really well, had a nice crowd turning up and had some nice reactions (I've even sold a few cd's to other SL'ers! Woohoo! ).

In any case - another actual real life gig is now also coming up and will be on June 15th in As (Belgium) featuring Percy and me and our friend Rob who sings on Dust!

Also known as Marc JXP
Azell

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »

si je peux, je viendrai volontiers...
if I canI will come happy ...
 Kiss Wink

Kara pour toujours
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: