Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:30:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: River Of Life(James & Thom)  (Read 5745 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

This was a real labor of love,as the objective was to add a bit more of the psychedelic element,as perhaps what Wyatt might have done..instrumentally & effects-wise.Beyond that,I took my usual approach to blending my work with an acoustical composition...which is making the necessary track edits to fit my midi domain.

In order for this fusion to take,I was forced to scrap James's bass track(as I was not able to synchronize my tracks,with this particular one.Instead-as faithfully as I was able,studied James's bass composition & emulated it in the most organic-type fashion I could render.
As a result of the new bass track...the drum,both guitar tracks & the harmonic tracks were rendered out of alignment a bit.To correct this,I used cut & paste methods to shift intermittent sections of each track...which included deleting the chorus sections of Wyatt's drum track(which I think,needed editing anyhow,because some breaks had to be added for this track to sound more natural).

In one of the Dobro gtr. segments-earlier in the song,I deleted the harmonica track,because I felt it was a bit crowded in that particular section...but I left the harmonica in,towards the end of the song,because I thought the inclusion of it there,was perfect.

In terms of vocals,I had made few attempts to add a vocal layering track,but I thought the addition of my voice made things crowded...so I scrapped that idea.I did however,use an effect preset to fatten James's voice & to bring it more forward into the mix.

Finally...I then added a bit of my own instrumentation(but sparingly),in an effort to stay true to James & Wyatt's theme.

-Thom

* River Of LifeElwood Edit175kbps.mp3 (7471.15 KB - downloaded 367 times.)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:28:14 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:15 AM »

WOW   Shocked

You done some serious work on that one, Thom  Cool
Impressive reconstruction. I know how frustrating it can be to you 'quantizators' when you come across we naturalistic sorts. Got to be even more difficult when my original of this included a number of copy/paste section already ... the initial project being much shorter than the final.

Great work.
Glad you had fun  Evil

Wink
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »

Thanks for the accolades,James...glad you liked my work! Cool

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »

Very good work.

I think I'd have preferred it if this arrangement had stayed in the Review section though.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:18:45 PM »

Very good work.

I think I'd have preferred it if this arrangement had stayed in the Review section though.

Thanks......as for the posting of it here,since it was a collab,it seemed appropriate to have it here.If Oren deems it as belonging in the quarterly review section,then so be it,as I would not have an issue with it being there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: