Kara-Moon Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:58:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another free one to grab  (Read 6265 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 07, 2013, 01:39:41 AM »

If you haven’t gotten synth 1 yet here is the link: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda

And here are over 10,000 patches for it: http://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.com/2012/03/over-10000-free-patchessounds-for-free.html

Some of these are really good!

PS – you may not see me on the forum for the next month.  I have to listen to all of these  Cheesy

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:19 AM »

Holy shenanigans! wOO

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »

Hmmm....I managed to install every free synth I found on KVR and most of what was Neon's link offered with no problems,but with the Synth 1...I have been pulling my hair out all afternoon,trying to install those 10,000 presets..very frustrating! Angry

I went to my C-drive,then to 86X,Acoustica,VST and then to my 3rd party sub-folder.I really don't understand why it seems like I have to decompress it twice(according to the guy on the blog,it doesn't)...but when I open up Synth 1,none of the patches appear,when I try to open up the browser folders.

Maybe I'll give it another go,when I decompress...right now,I don't want to think about it.

Appreciate the link,but I don't think this synth is something I want to grapple with.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:15:09 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »

Thom, you do not unzip the sound banks.  Synth 1 does that automatically every time you pick a patch. It’s a super fast process.

Attached is a picture of my set up.  Synth1.dll is in my 32 bit VSTi folder; C:.Program Files(x86)/VSTi Plugins 32 bit.

My Synth 1 sounds are in E:Synth1 and the 10,000 patches are in E:/synth1/zipbank.  As you can see in the right hand photo all of the banks are in zip form.

I hope this helps.

* Capture.JPG (118.17 KB, 1289x891 - viewed 516 times.)

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:26:49 AM »

Thom, you do not unzip the sound banks.  Synth 1 does that automatically every time you pick a patch. It’s a super fast process.

Attached is a picture of my set up.  Synth1.dll is in my 32 bit VSTi folder; C:.Program Files(x86)/VSTi Plugins 32 bit.

My Synth 1 sounds are in E:Synth1 and the 10,000 patches are in E:/synth1/zipbank.  As you can see in the right hand photo all of the banks are in zip form.

I hope this helps.

Initially,that's what I did...I just left them as they were,when I first opened the main file...but still,nowhere to be found.I think I should just delete it all & start over...but at the moment,I'm in the middle of downloading an enormous e.bass/synth bass VST called Basis...from Big Fish Audio..so Synth 1 is on hold for now.

Unfortunately,Basis requires Kontakt Player 4(which is included in the download),which I didn't want,as I hate Native Instruments with a passion..but there was no way to avoid it,because if I had bought BigFishAudio's other Bass VST's,I would have had to spend an extra $50 for an iLok usb drive.
The Basis bundle is a very intimidating filing system download,because there's 5 parts to it & I have to register the serial # with NI.If anything goes wrong(which is a high probability with my dumb-*ss),hopefully BigFishAudio and/or Acoustica,will be able to sort me out. Undecided

Thanks for lending a hand.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

I’m with you on the iLOK.  I have heard a ton of horror stories with it.  Also USB thumb drives are not the most reliable storage devices!

I just looked up Basis and the page I got says it is for Kontakt 2, thus it should work with your version of Kontakt.  Your full version of Kontakt will give you a lot more options than the player will.

Good luck.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

I’m with you on the iLOK.  I have heard a ton of horror stories with it.  Also USB thumb drives are not the most reliable storage devices!

I just looked up Basis and the page I got says it is for Kontakt 2, thus it should work with your version of Kontakt.  Your full version of Kontakt will give you a lot more options than the player will.

Good luck.

Mario,

I wasn't aware of all the issues of iLok...so,for me,it was the extra cost,that was the issue...a BIG issue!I just don't think the software purchaser should have to pay out of pocket for the way a software company decides to institute anti-piracy security measures.
Besides which,what's the point in having the convenience of an instant download,when you have to place an order for a thumb drive & then wait a few days to receive it??

As for the Kontakt version(according to the e-mail)it said "Kontakt 2",but when I downloaded all of the files,the version contained in the file,is in fact,Kontakt player 4.By the way,my NI K6 software that has Kontakt 4 in it,is on my other PC.

-Thom

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »

Hi Thom,  My guess would be that Kontakt 2 player is no longer available but Kontakt 4 player is.  If doesn’t matter as patches made for Kontakt 2 player will load in players 2,3,4 and 5.

I agree wholeheartedly about paying extra for a company’s anti-piracy protection.  When I purchased the Korg Digital M1 and Wavestation it came with an USB anti-piracy USB stick.  They have long since changed that policy due to all of the problems.  I will never buy any piece of software that requires an USB protection scheme now!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »

Hi Thom,  My guess would be that Kontakt 2 player is no longer available but Kontakt 4 player is.  If doesn’t matter as patches made for Kontakt 2 player will load in players 2,3,4 and 5.

I agree wholeheartedly about paying extra for a company’s anti-piracy protection.  When I purchased the Korg Digital M1 and Wavestation it came with an USB anti-piracy USB stick.  They have long since changed that policy due to all of the problems.  I will never buy any piece of software that requires an USB protection scheme now!

Just to be clear,the Kontakt 4 player engine,is included in the download of the VST software I purchased.Kontakt 4 is a significant upgrade from version 2 and the VST I bought was made around 2 years ago,so it was specifically made for Kontakt 4.
I don't know why,but BigFishAudio's info in their download e-mails,are outdated & should read Kontakt 4,rather than Kontakt 2.

By the way...as I was in the process of installing my new program,I suspected that I was going about it the wrong way,so I called BigFishAudio and as it turned out,I was...because only a RAR decompressor can be used(though Alzip will work,it doesn't extract & install correctly) and WinRAR makes it very easy to install,but since I was new to this process,I was so glad I called those guys,because I would have mucked things up & have driven myself nuts.

As it turned out,there was a very specific way of installing it,& if I deviated away from the instructions in any way,I would have been in trouble...but BigFishAudio was fantastic in guiding me through the process(something of which,NI could have never done).
That being said,everything is golden now...the Vir2 BASiS VST is out of this world and now I can resume my current project!! wOO

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:56:34 PM »

EXCELLENT wOO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: