Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a copy shortcut problem  (Read 4754 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »

I have a few friends who can not get to my music via the copy shortcut that I include in an email.  When they click on copy shortcut it takes them to the main page.  These are musician friends whom I would love to get involved with the forums.  Is this a problem with the site or with their computers?

I hope it is not with their computers as they are nowhere close to me!

Thanx - MarioD

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »

Can you show us exactly what your copy line is?

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »

Yes it’s http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6968.0;attach=5955

A few of my friends are having the same issue but I just assumed that it was because they are computer novices.  However this friend is a computer expert so it got me thinking that maybe it is the forum.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:23:46 AM »

I've a suspicion that their email readers are trying to split the url into two lines. It is 81 characters long and a lot of mail readers wrap at 75 characters, many others do so at 80, which is just 1 short!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »

Mario, which email program are you using? Which one is you receipient using?
If you copie the location as a shortcut-location (right click on the link) into your mail, the shortcut should work fine. The mail program should hold the complete url, even when it's more than 80 characters. However, if the mailprograms treats the url as text, then it will split the url on the position of a semi-colom or slash, loosing a part of the url.
If you pm me the mail with the shortcut, I'll have a further look.

Moon
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »

Moon, it must be the email program some are using.  Some of my friends have no problem while a couple can’t get on so I don’t think that my Outlook Express or the shortcut is the problem.  I will find out what they are using.

Thanx - MarioD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: