Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:32:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ketron SD1000 and the bank of favorite sounds  (Read 9763 times)
Wlodzislaw

« on: August 11, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »

I use Ketron SD2 module with EWI 4000s and EWI USB. It would be nice to select Ketron voices making a new bank of favorites, to store just the useful voices for wind controllers. EWI 4000s selects 100 voices from the first bank directly, so it would be great to have only the favorites as the first 100. Yamaha VL-70m has a special bank that users may set up.

Maybe this is something Ketron people could implement in future. I looked at their new SD1000 but it does not seem to add useful features for wind instruments. Of course it would be ideal if they could make a special version of their module for wind controllers without piano and other such sounds, but perhaps this is too much to hope for.

Best regards,
Wlodek
Wlodzislaw

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »

I wonder if it is possible to switch banks by sending some CC messages using EWI 4000/5000. I can do it using computer and simple programs like Anvil Studio, but it would be nice to program EWI to switch it without plugging it into computer. EWI 5000 instruction says: When you select a new Program on the EWI5000, it sends a MIDI
Program Change message of the same number to your external sound module. So it should be possible to set up EWI 5000 to send Program Change to KEtron.

I will try to do some experiments myself but perhaps someone knows how to do it.

Wlodek
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:13 PM »

Yes you can:

http://nickfever.com/music/midi-cc-list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI_Level_2

Google/bing for more information.

The older I get the better I was!
Wlodzislaw

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »

Thank you for the links; I know that CC 0 selects bank, in Ketron SD1000
Bank A,  CC 0 value 0;  Bank B,  CC 0 value 1;  Bank C,  CC 0 value 10;   Bank D,  CC 0 value 11

The question is how to send these values from EWI 5000 to switch banks in Ketron?
On page 27 and 28 of the EWI 5000 User Guide it says that the Hold Button may be programmed to send different values when pressed and released.
I am sending CC 00 and using different data-up/down values that follows it, but nothing changes, I am still in Bank A.
The Latching parameter on/off also does not change anything.

Anvil Studio can access all banks without problems but I have to link through USB to computer and then another USB to Ketron.   
Wlodek
Wlodzislaw

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:10:34 AM »

Well, I still do not have a way to change banks in SD1000 except for using big and complicated software programs.

Now there is another problem. EWI5000 plays selected voice and than changes suddenly my Ketron SD1000 to piano, evidently it sends some massage, but I can't find why and what to change. I have resetted the instrument to factory settings and changed various parameters but without success. I have no problem with EWI4000s.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: