Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for revolution or evolution...  (Read 5424 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: March 11, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »

The last of couple of years, we've seen a lot of evolution. Let's face it. The last decade, many people have found their way to the wunderfull world of computers and daw software offering us a complete studio at home. Many manufacturers have done a lot of work in order to getting their tools near to perfection and with much success indeed.

Ok, then... but what's next?

Well, a couple of weeks ago I bought a new litle gadget, named "Korg Gadget". (see http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget_for_ipad/)

Little seems to be in place, because being an app, the price is modest. However, this thing is far from being little... nop... it's actually great  Wink

Korg made a bundle of electronic-sounding music tools and squeezed those in a tool capable of making sequences and complete songs. It's amazing how small simple tools can be combined to a complete music production toolkit. And allthough it's not made for every kind of music style, it's sound great.

Yet, if you like electronic music, and you have an I-pad laying around, you should deffinetly check this one out.

This brings me to the word 'revolution'.

20 year's ago, we dreamt of having a personal studio. Today, a studio fits in a computer. Well, today, we see a new kind of tool (apps) that allow to put a studio in a tablet. Meaning, you can stay in your chair, or you can take your studio wherever you go. Isn't this thing fantastic? Wherever you are, at the moment a musical inspiration hits you, take out your tablet and just make your music.

Okay, evolution or revolution? I don't care how you name it, but for sure it's great to see a new kind of technology reaching the music making community. 

Moon

propellerhead1969

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:15 AM »

I love how the advances in technology have made hardware and software inexpensive and the innovations that further inspire creativity.However though,I'm not a big proponent of portable gadgets(at least,not on the level of the millennial generation),where most everyone has their heads buried in their tablets,iPods and cell phones...to the point where they are just letting the outside world pass them by.So many people are so disconnected from nature and from other people,that I am really disturbed by it,actually.

As for making music in general(for me personally)...in as much as music is a big part of my life,I suffer mental burnout quite often in my studio and when I leave my apartment,I don't want to think about writing music.
My lifestyle though,is quite different from others here,so portable music is not important to me...but I of course,do appreciate having the ability to capture music when inspiration hits...but without a physical keyboard with keys that fit my fingers,I'm really not interested in tablet-based music....but the concept of low cost music apps would be interesting indeed,provided that I could use a full size Novation 25 key keyboard,for example.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:09:42 PM »

I'm always interested in new ideas and ways of creating music, but time and cost tend to be a limited resource Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »

... when I leave my apartment,I don't want to think about writing music.
My lifestyle though,is quite different from others here,so portable music is not important to me...

Well... it does wordk differntly for each of us  Wink

In a couple of weeks I'll be leaving for the eastern holidays and I'm planning to take the I-pad along. Let's see if this works for mee. If it does, I'll post some tunes...  Smiley

Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:51:29 PM »

... Today, a studio fits in a computer. Well, today, we see a new kind of tool (apps) that allow to put a studio in a tablet. Meaning, you can stay in your chair, or you can take your studio wherever you go. Isn't this thing fantastic? Wherever you are, at the moment a musical inspiration hits you, take out your tablet and just make your music.
Okay, evolution or revolution? I don't care how you name it, but for sure it's great to see a new kind of technology reaching the music making community...

It is great to be alive in 2014! wOO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: