Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:09:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologies for absence - again!  (Read 4050 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: September 01, 2013, 06:42:36 PM »

On Tuesday some friends came visiting for a few days. As they live in Glasgow we don't get to meet very often as you can imagine, so we had a great time till they left on Thursday.

One of Roy's talents is that he is a very good photographer, but not liking pictures of myself I've always managed to evade his photo suggestions. However, on Wednesday he and Luise ambushed me, and after a few beers managed to get me agree to model. Roy has very strong views on photographing people and will willingly expound for hours about the need to have both the correct setting and props, as well as lighting and appropriate camera, to enhance what he perceives as the persons character. Therefore I was not entirely surprised at his choices. I still don't like photos of myself, but have to admit these are rather good (he took about 50 all told).

Following on from that, I had a great time from Friday till today at the New Forest Folk Festival. Indeed, I've only just got back. Photos of this when I can sort myself out properly! This is a new small festival which intends to stay that way, and I enjoyed it so much I've already got my tickets for next year.

Now I must have a look around the forums and see what I've missed!

* Me_Synths.jpg (437.43 KB, 2592x1728 - viewed 501 times.)

* Me_Whistle.jpg (253.74 KB, 2048x1532 - viewed 541 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »

No need to apologize my friend!  It sounds like you have had a great time.

PS - good pictures!

The older I get the better I was!
Azell

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 05:54:01 AM »

vraiment très belles photos et très beau modèle Wink
l'absence est toujours un grand vide qu'on cherche à combler, parfois à n'importe quel prix...

Kara pour toujours
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »

First rate photos from your Glasgow friend! He has a sense of empathy one sees only rarely in a photographer. wOO

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 08:40:13 PM »

Thanks for the kind thoughts friends. Today was another quiet relaxing time in one of my favorite woodlands... Oh, and I still don't like being photographed Tongue

Merci pour les aimables pensées amis. Aujourd'hui était un autre moment de détente au calme dans l'un de mes préférés forêts ... Oh, et ​​je n'aime toujours pas photographié Tongue

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: