Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:42:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom H2n  (Read 9953 times)
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: September 04, 2013, 09:44:19 PM »

I finally decided on a portable all-in-one recording device -

http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/h2n/

* On-site Recording.JPG (1193.96 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 770 times.)

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »

I've thought about one of these myself. They look to be a very capable bit of kit.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 06:16:54 PM »

I've had a H4 for many years. Don't use it a terrible lot (yes, I SHOULD DO MORE RECORDING), but I'm always amazed by the quality it has. <rant> Just as a comment to the zoom techs who I'm sure frequent this forum ... I'd leave out all the confusing (and needing little fingers) edit/mix/emulation stuff if I were designing this. Just make it a recorder! If anyone wants to do post work, they will (or should) copy the files to a computer where it's much easier. </rant>

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 06:23:10 AM »

Agreed. Grin
One of the "features" of the H2n is its relative simplicity, while maintaining the audio quality of their H4.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »

The wide stereo field of these Zoom field recorders are amazing..but unfortunately,I am not all that impressed with their Q-series video recorders(though the audio standard remains),the video quality is tantamount to that of a cell phone camera.

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »

...unfortunately,I am not all that impressed with their Q-series video recorders(though the audio standard remains),the video quality is tantamount to that of a cell phone camera.

I feel your pain, Pilgrim   Cheesy

No clue as to what they had in mind for the video recorders - I almost bought one, but was warned against it.
Interestingly, the H2n interfaces very well with high definition prosumer camcorders such as the Canon Legria HF M56, Canon 5D MarkIII, GoPro Hero, and JVC GC-PX100.

http://www.lockergnome.com/media/2012/10/19/how-to-use-the-zoom-h2n-for-video-recording/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: