Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:59:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Duration  (Read 4015 times)
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« on: November 24, 2013, 01:44:17 AM »

I've just added a RDURATION command to MMA. Similar to RVolume, Rtime, etc.

This adjusts the duration of notes in a track. It's pretty heavy handed, in that it:

- adjusts all notes in a chord separately. So, you get each note in a chord with different durations. Mind you, the other R- stuff works the same way. It might be useful to change this with a option? Perhaps? What you guys think?

- You can't set it to only work on the note on a specific beat. But, that's easy to overcome by simply creating several tracks with identical settings and a shared midi channel.

Are there any other R- things needed? Or adjustments in how they work?

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »

While working on this I found a bug in the other R* functions which prevented "shorting" of values when used with single arguments. For example, "RVolume 10" never made the volume (velocity, but who's checking) softer. However, "RVolume -10,10" worked fine. Woe is me ... I missed a single "-" in my code.

Well, that's fixed. Now, I've also changed the RDuration thing that no one has had a chance to play with so it effects all notes in a chord the same way. I think this is logical, and it was easy to do.

I think we can leave RVolume as is. However, the RTime should apply equally to all notes not individually. I really doesn't make sense, musically, to apply the random start time differently to each note in a chord.

Hope this is making sense to someone other than me Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: