Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:23:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Have I let myself in for?  (Read 6927 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: February 12, 2014, 10:39:48 PM »

I think I've just thrown away a whole load of my recently gained free time (semi retirement) Roll Eyes

You see, I've signed on as a developer/admin for yoshimi. I'm on a steep learning curve that from this viewpoint looks very much like a vertical cliff face - and I never was one for heights. Oh well, you know what they say - no fool like an old food Grin

Umm, forgot to mention. I had a great time on my 65th birthday party. Here's the obligatory group photo. The two lovely ladies either side of me are my sisters.

* party group.jpg (1122.29 KB, 1840x1228 - viewed 777 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:38:55 AM »

The Yoshimi bunch is very fortunate to have you on board, friend. You'll be swimming in the deep end right shortly, or I'm no judge of character... wOO
...and  fine-looking family, to boot! 
Normally, at these affairs there is at least one participant sporting a sour face, but the whole crew looks very happy to be there.
                       _________________________________________________________________________
Congratulations on your six-five, and as my grandmother used to say: "if you can't beat 'em, you can always outlive the bastards". Kiss

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:46:16 AM »

Gawd, we're all getting to be soooo old. I just got a note from the govt saying that my request for the social security pension was approved and I'd start getting checks after the 65th this summer.

I tell folks that if I need more time I'll have to get a full time job. Had lots of spare time in those days!

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »

Woops - a bit late, but happy Birthday Folderol!

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »

Thanks guys for both the support (I may need it!) and the birthday wishes. I couldn't have wanted better.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 12:19:52 AM »

Well. I've actually been able to make some real progress (rather to my surprise). I've been able to clear out a number bugs from the code, some quite obscure. I've also added a couple of useful features. The main one is the ability to silently switch banks and voice patches via MIDI without interrupting the sound - except the voice actually being changed, but you only change it between notes Smiley

If no other problems crop up, there will soon be version 1.2.0 of Yoshimi Smiley

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »

Well. I've actually been able to make some real progress (rather to my surprise). I've been able to clear out a number bugs from the code, some quite obscure. I've also added a couple of useful features. The main one is the ability to silently switch banks and voice patches via MIDI without interrupting the sound - except the voice actually being changed, but you only change it between notes.
If no other problems crop up, there will soon be version 1.2.0 of Yoshimi.

Schweet!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: