Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:16:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream World  (Read 9058 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: March 08, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »

I am way out of my comfort zone on this one.

I’ll let you decide on how I managed.

* Dream World.mp3 (4263.51 KB - downloaded 264 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
propellerhead1969

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:45:54 PM »

Sounds like a love ballad from the 50's....interesting. Cool
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 12:21:12 AM »

Well it certainly fits the title! This is a lovely gentle track. Wistful, but not really sad. Nice one mate!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »

Thanx Thom and Will for listening.

Thom, I don’t get the 50’s love ballad link!  When I think of 50’s love ballads I think of Pat Boone (Love Letters in the Sand) , Elvis (Love Me Tender), Conway Twitty (Young Love) etc.  Can you give me some song titles that reminded you of this one?  I am sure there are some out there that I haven’t heard that you have heard. Thanx.

Will, thanx for your very kind comments.

propellerhead1969

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 02:00:54 AM »

Thom, I don’t get the 50’s love ballad link!  When I think of 50’s love ballads I think of Pat Boone (Love Letters in the Sand) , Elvis (Love Me Tender), Conway Twitty (Young Love) etc.  Can you give me some song titles that reminded you of this one?  I am sure there are some out there that I haven’t heard that you have heard. Thanx.

I've been exposed to a lot of 50's music,via my father,as he always has the 50's station on(Sirius Radio)...but no specific artist comes to mind...only that your tune has a similar flavoring to it,is all.Sorry,but I cannot pinpoint any particular song or artist.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »

I've been exposed to a lot of 50's music,via my father,as he always has the 50's station on(Sirius Radio)...but no specific artist comes to mind...only that your tune has a similar flavoring to it,is all.Sorry,but I cannot pinpoint any particular song or artist.

It is very interesting that you said this.  As I was recording this I questioned whether this was an original or if it was something that I heard before. I searched my record and CD collections but nothing popped out at me thus I uploaded it.  Maybe it is not an original or maybe something that I have heard sounds very similar to this, don’t know.

Thanx for responding.

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »

This is a surprise. This doesn't sound 50-ies at all to me, more like a gentle new-age kind of music. You may be out of your comfort zone, but the result doesn't suffer from that, on the contrary.Nice to hear this side from you  Wink

Moon
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »

Why thank you Mr. Moon.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:32:47 PM »

... like a gentle new-age kind of music. You may be out of your comfort zone, but the result doesn't suffer from that, on the contrary.Nice to hear this side from you ...

Classic! Afro

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »

... like a gentle new-age kind of music. You may be out of your comfort zone, but the result doesn't suffer from that, on the contrary.Nice to hear this side from you ...

Classic! Afro

Thanx my friend.

propellerhead1969

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »

It is very interesting that you said this.  As I was recording this I questioned whether this was an original or if it was something that I heard before. I searched my record and CD collections but nothing popped out at me thus I uploaded it.  Maybe it is not an original or maybe something that I have heard sounds very similar to this, don’t know.

Thanx for responding.

[/quote]

Just to be clear,I wasn't implying that you may be plagiarizing anyone,just that your music reminded me of the style of the 50's.Maybe I was out of line by expressing my unusual opinion,but didn't mean to stir up controversy.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 08:29:49 PM »

No controversy my friend.  I have been known to unintentionally plagiarize before.  Sometimes when I think I am being original I’m actually not being original!

I always value honest criticism when presented professionally, as your initial message was.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: