Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A bit of a surprise  (Read 6299 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: April 01, 2014, 09:35:45 PM »

Some may have wondered why I didn't post this months KVR entry here, well it's a bit complicated Smiley

Not long after I started to develop it, I realised it would be a perfect fit for my 'Tribes' series. I have the story line just about complete now and had been wondering how to fit it together musically. However this would be for one of the very last parts.

With that decision made I stared working on two slightly different versions in parallel, but didn't want to risk any questions about validity either here or at KVR, nor did I want anyone confused about which they were supposed to vote on. Well that's over now (and I did moderately well) so here is first the KVR version and then the latest development of the tune, called:

Bring Them Home.

* 1403_folderol_Bring_Them_Home.mp3 (3063.37 KB - downloaded 302 times.)
* Bring_Them_Home.mp3 (3330.26 KB - downloaded 386 times.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:22:39 PM by folderol » Logged

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »

This is gorgeous simply gorgeous!

Great job on these Will!

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »

Right on - and very nice to hear the development between those two versions! Afro

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »

Thanks for listening friends, and for your comments.

I had been wondering how to represent various parts of the 'tribes' story, but it seems the best thing to do is just not try, but wait till ideas form themselves somewhat spontaneously. This is actually how all three parts came into being so far. However, I sense at least two parts between 'The Long Years' and this 'Bring Them Home' track.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
propellerhead1969

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 01:43:23 AM »

Lovely chord progressions,sweetened with poignant trimmings. Cool The drums however,don't fit at all and in my opinion,the absence of the drum track would make this tune a stronger contender in the KVR contest...I think.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »

Hi Thom.
Thanks for your comments. Someone else said he wasn't keen on the percussion, although my idea had been to convey a stately march. Anyway, here is a version without the drums.

This actually showed up a chord anomally right at the end, so I've also updated the earlier version.

* Bring_Them_Home_Sans_Drums.mp3 (3181.87 KB - downloaded 367 times.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:23:44 PM by folderol » Logged

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

Cool, but I would reinstate the stately march - with a little long-duration stereo reverb or delay applied, to give it some "distance".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: