Kara-Moon Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:40:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: My PC Is Under Siege...Again  (Read 24560 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 23, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »

This is Thom(aka elwoodblues1969,propellerhead91)...with a different crisis this time.When I logged into my desktop earlier this morning,my start menu had been altered and I could no longer access my Goggle Chrome browser....but managed to access Internet Explorer.
My computer seems to be in Safe Mode & I cannot access my files.Here is the error message I encountered; "Failed To Connect To A Windows Service Windows could not connect to the system event service.This problem prevents standard users from logging onto the system.As an administrative user,you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.

I can't keep up with all of these attacks on my computers & my brain is too Neolithic to trouble shoot all of this technological warfare...I can't tolerate much more of this.Maybe I should sell everything I own and move into a grass hut on some remote beach on the island of Togo. Roll Eyes
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »

I just Googled for a tutorial video on how to exit from Safe Mode on Windows and I discovered that I am not actually in Safe Mode(as according to the tutorial,the words Safe Mode,should appear in the corners of my PC screen,which they do not).
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »

Since I am not in Safe Mode and since all of my content in my Documents and Downloads folders are missing,did someone steal all of my data via remote access to my computer??
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »

According to the message that pops up when I first enter my desktop screen,I am being logged into my Default User Profile...WTF is this?Why am I here?Why does it appear to be in Safe Mode?Apparently,there are many causes for this issue,but I don't know where to begin.
I browsed through my Event System Log,but I don't know WTF I'm looking at!For the life of me,I cannot fathom why I am being plagued with every Windows error in the book!??

* event data 2.PNG (31.94 KB, 676x464 - viewed 572 times.)

* Event data.PNG (39.38 KB, 641x478 - viewed 542 times.)

* Event Viewer.PNG (79.57 KB, 1684x960 - viewed 564 times.)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 03:59:01 PM »

I tried resolving the issue using this kid's method via YouTube...it worked for other Windows 7 users,but not for me; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2yMTPJO1RE
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »

I tried a Clean Boot to try and troubleshoot the problem,but whatever caused this problem,is preventing me from entering Safe Mode.As I see it,I have two options...either throw away a $600 computer,or spend who knows how much,at a repair shop and spend the rest of my life,spending hundreds of dollars,repeatedly taking my PC to a repair shop to fix a problem that will continuously pop up...because apparently,it's in Microsoft's programming,to create these self destructing programs!

I think I may have to throw in the towel and forget about the internet,K-M and my music,because I don't have the aptitude-nor the money,to continue on like this.
Longhair - MarioD

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »

Thom, try this: http://windows7themes.net/en-us/winsock-fix-for-windows-7/

Scroll down to fix winsock via batch and follow those instructions.

Let me know how you make out.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 06:01:53 PM »

Thanks Mario,

But that YouTube link that I had posted here,addresses that very same method and it did not work.I'm in real trouble here...my computer is running like sh*t and my computer is not saving any of my log in information,for ANY of my accounts.
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »

By the way,the Winsock method is something that I had tried manually.I thought I would try the Batch download,but something is preventing me from downloading the file.I think I am completely f**ked here.
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »

Umm...I have more problems....in the start menu,I noticed some Chinese or some other Asian lettering,alongside my Alzip icons.Also...when I made a second attempt to reset my computer via Winsock,I received a warning message notified me that another user was on my PC!?

I don't have a goddamn clue as to what is going on,but I do know that I will get absolutely nowhere,until I figure out how to get into Safe Mode.
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »

Thom,

Many windoze users will resort to Linux to find a cure when Microsoft cannot supply one. If your computer is well-and-truly hooped, you may as well learn to deploy the Linux tools that will bail you out.
http://houldsworth.wordpress.com/dual-boot-virus-protection/

This is NOT rocket science - it just requires patience and a methodical approach to problem solving.

OK, give 'er! Cheesy

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »

Oren,

After about 9 hours of trouble-shooting,I am just a little more than punchy & I am no longer capable of thinking or reading any more at this point...so please summarize...are you talking about installing a Ubuntu program on Windows,or installing a Windows program on a Linux computer?

Well...before I look into it,I first have to determine whether or not a virus caused my problem(if possible)..but I have learned that log in issues & registry problems are quite common on Windows and I even tried doing a registry edit to fix the problem,but with no results.

Thanks for the link...I'll have to look into some other time,as at the moment,I need to vacate my apartment and go for a long walk. Tongue
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 12:34:35 AM »

Mario,

Any thoughts on this error in the attachment?I'm having a lot of trouble trying to nail down the exact same problem,as nobody else seems to be experiencing the precise problem I am,so I can't successfully Google up any solutions & instructions on how to fix this.

* Windows Log In Error.PNG (50 KB, 1477x465 - viewed 550 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 03:58:20 AM »

The dude has this to say -

"I am going to assume that most people have Windows and would like to install it (Ubuntu Linux) alongside their current windows operating system with the choice of which operating system to run appearing at boot time.  I have personally installed it alongside Windows 7 and windows Vista, and I’m told it will happily work with Windows XP.

Important note:  Before you start, please take a backup of your system and make sure that you have Windows boot disk available.  I have not seen it wreck anything yet, but I would hate someone to send me an email describing how they lost everything.

There are instructions on the Ubuntu web site for installing Ubuntu alongside Windows..."

Longhair - MarioD

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »

Thom what is your operating system (XP, Win 7 etc)

What is your antivirus?  Is it up to date?  When was the last time your ran a full scan?

Do you have any other anti-stuff like Anti-Malwarebytes?  If so is it up to date?  When was the last time your ran a full scan?

Do you have Ccleaner?

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: