Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: My PC Is Under Siege...Again  (Read 24356 times)
Longhair - MarioD

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 08:05:21 PM »

Thom, that’s how mine works also.  After pressing esc the immediately press F8 and that should take you to safe mode.  Also pressing the reset button on your computer will also take you to safe mode.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »

Thom, that’s how mine works also.  After pressing esc the immediately press F8 and that should take you to safe mode.  Also pressing the reset button on your computer will also take you to safe mode.

Depressing the ESC button didn't help.By the way...this is the 4th PC I've had in the last 10 years and until now,I have n-e-v-e-r needed to press the ESC along with the F8 button,to go into Safe Mode....so something is terribly wrong here.

Even if I had the money to go to a repair shop,it would be the very last thing I'd ever want to do....because I NEED to know WHY this is happening to me...because I refuse to continuously go to repair shops,every time this happens.

Most likely a virus did cause this problem....however...registry issues & log in issues are so common in Windows and there's a plethora of reasons behind these issues.

It seems to me,that as long as I continue to use Windows,I will never be completely safe from these problems.That being said...the only viable solution,would be a Sweetwater Creation Station computer....but they are so damn expensive for the specs that you get(though still cheaper than Mac's).
If I go this route when I'm ready to,I think it's my best bet,because of Sweetwater's remote PC access tech support(which will eliminate my need to resort to going to a repair shop and their tech support is for a lifetime.

At this point,I am seriously considering selling my infected PC(since my other one is operational now).

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:08 PM »

Wow....it seems that there is something to be learned about computers for everyday of one's life! Shortly after my previous post,I decided to type into Google,my specific problem.
As it turns out,my gaming PC for some reason,is set up a bit different from your standard PC...in that with my particular PC,I first have to hit the F2 button...& once I reach the screen that pops up,I then have to hit F8 to enter Safe Mode.

I let you know how that goes....

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »

Mario,

Whatever virus I have,is so sophisticated,that it has infiltrated my Safe Mode & interferes with every anti-virus program I throw at it.
If I go into Safe Mode with Networking,it will delete any downloads upon implementation and if I go into Safe Mode without Networking...then it even disables my programs I had stored on my USB stick.

At this point,I am going to see if a computer repair shop will buy my PC.Once I sell my PC,I will take this computer offline.My parents have a laptop that they no longer want,so I will just use that to use the internet.

Thanks again for all of your help,as I am eternally grateful to you,Oren and Will for all of the input.

Longhair - MarioD

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 11:43:53 PM »

If you want to try one last thing and you want to pay for shipping both ways you can pull the HD from your computer and send it to me.  NO promises but I might be able to kill the virus; I used to do this in a computer shop and I still do it for friends.  It might take a while but I have had great success.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 12:10:41 AM »

That's a very generous offer Mario...but I am not certain of anything,as of yet.First....I want to see how much I can get for my PC.If the offer for my computer isn't worthwhile....then I will have to see how much the shipping is for me to send it to you and back.

Right now....I don't have any petty cash,as I recently re-modeled my bedroom(as my wooden bed splitting in half,prompted the re-model.

I suppose that if I were to remove the HD from my PC,the shipping would be reasonable?Never removed a HD from a PC before,so I have no idea how to pull that off.
If the shipping turns out to be pricey,there's plenty of online virus removal services(via remote access)...which is tempting and considering how much I have invested in my music PC....maybe spending $80 is the way to go.

I've got a lot to consider and plenty of time to think on it,because it will be a while before I can scrap up the coin to do any of this.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 12:38:57 AM »

If you get to the point where you figure the computer has no or little value .... try putting a linux on it. It's been working for me for many, many years with no virus problems.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 01:15:25 AM »

If you get to the point where you figure the computer has no or little value .... try putting a linux on it. It's been working for me for many, many years with no virus problems.

I've become fed up & aggravated enough to consider selling it...but if I have the option to restore my PC and save my personal data(which is valued at over $1,000),then spending $80 for a virus removal service is what I need to do.

If I were to install Linux on it,then all of my PC-based programs will be rendered useless and I will lose a very high dollar amount worth of music software.
Besides which...one of my DAW's(my most important one),has the ability to run without an internet connection...so obviously,if I have the PC offline,then my computer is perfectly safe and I don't have to forfeit most of my software that is dearest to me.

Linux systems are very limited to those that are heavily involved in music software(most of which is PC and Mac based).

Thanks for the thought though.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »

For what it's worth I really hope you get this sorted without too much more trouble.

As an aside, even with Linux, my music machine never gets connected to the 'net unless I am doing a software install/upgrade, and even then I grab a disk image immediately beforehand.

Eventually I would suggest you get some really cheap S/H computer for your on-line presence, document writing etc. and install Linux on it.

I realise that's not a lot of help to you right now, but mayby something to have in the back of your mind.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »

For what it's worth I really hope you get this sorted without too much more trouble.

As an aside, even with Linux, my music machine never gets connected to the 'net unless I am doing a software install/upgrade, and even then I grab a disk image immediately beforehand.

Eventually I would suggest you get some really cheap S/H computer for your on-line presence, document writing etc. and install Linux on it.

I realise that's not a lot of help to you right now, but mayby something to have in the back of your mind.

Will,

I do have a used laptop coming to me(gratis) and just waiting to take possession of it and since it has Windows Vista on it.. Roll Eyes ..I would be more than happy to install Linux on it! Cheesy

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »

I just lost my other computer....I can't even access the internet,as it's completely locked up.I am either suspending my Verizon DSL service or I may just cancel my DSL for good.After this post,I will no longer use this computer until it's fixed...because I can't risk having my bank account & credit decimated by some thieving hacker.

So long guys....I don't know when I will be back.....
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »

Just to give everyone an update,I decided to cancel my Verizon DSL service(it was the slowest speed 350kbps max.) and I was paying $37 a month for it.
What made it even more expensive,is that because I was also using my phone company's DSL service along with my basic phone service(I was disqualified from receiving the low income discount)...so in total,I was paying on average,$65 a month.

I really needed the to allot this amount towards my credit card bills anyway,as once I bring down my debt a bit,I'll get cable internet and along with a Magic Jack device,so I'll have my internet & phone taken care of.
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »

Thom, did you try to perfrom a system restore. This can help: in this case you restore the pc to a previous state when everything was OK. Doesn't allway work, but can do wonders.
Moon
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 01:33:05 PM »

Thom, did you try to perfrom a system restore. This can help: in this case you restore the pc to a previous state when everything was OK. Doesn't allway work, but can do wonders.
Moon

Moon,

On my main music computer,the system restore points have been altered...so any dates preceding the date of infection,have been deleted.On my other PC however,I managed to successfully restore that computer...but shortly afterwards,I was infected with the same virus as my other PC.

What you have to understand about this virus,is that it will infiltrate every area of your PC and lock it down completely.

Thank you for the thought though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: