Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep it simple  (Read 49782 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »

Forget about complexity and just make a simple setup that get's you started. In my case, I got my 8 year old XP windows PC from under the dust and connected it to a Korg Micro X and a Tascam US-824. I got both devices from a sale-out at a bargain price.

So this is what I needed to (re)start making music:
- an old but still functioning xp PC
- a Korg Micro X (can be found for +/- 250 euro)
- the sound editor for the Korg Micro X (free)
- Presonus Studio One (free)
- Audacity to record the wave track and save it as mp3 (free)
- The tascam US-824 (I paid 95 euro for it, bit it can be found for +/- 65 euro second hand)

A very easy setup that sounds terrific (just have a listen at Trancis in my other post)

* small_studio.png (879.47 KB, 912x684 - viewed 1157 times.)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 03:29:39 AM »

Whoops! I thought you had the Korg microKorg. Grin Your Micro X looks really nice,actually...the key-bed on yours,is much better!

I love the new Korg Triton Taktile and I'd love to have one,but not for my main PC set up though.Perhaps one day when I acquire a 2nd computer.

* microKorg-xlarge.jpg (416.74 KB, 1800x985 - viewed 1078 times.)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »

Ah yes, the Micro en Micro X have nothing in common besides their 4 letter word 'Korg'  Grin

I realy like this little synth: it starts up in a few seconds and you immediatly can start playing on it: instant gratification and ideal for a quick inspiration wOO

Moon
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:34:29 PM »

I love the new Korg Triton Taktile and I'd love to have one,but not for my main PC set up though.

The Triton Taktile looks great indeed. Sound-wise, they limited the engine since it can only play 1 timbre at a time and editing the presets are very limited. I would love to see the sound engine of the Micro X in the Taktile. Would be a small killer synth. But I guess they had to cut on the costs to make ik affordable enough.

Moon
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »

I love the new Korg Triton Taktile and I'd love to have one,but not for my main PC set up though.

The Triton Taktile looks great indeed. Sound-wise, they limited the engine since it can only play 1 timbre at a time and editing the presets are very limited. I would love to see the sound engine of the Micro X in the Taktile. Would be a small killer synth. But I guess they had to cut on the costs to make ik affordable enough.

Moon

I always become fascinated by new,unique pieces of gear....but yeah...there's always some critical feature or two,that is missing...in order to keep the cost down,which occurs far too often,& I would say the economic recession...is to blame for that.

Ideally,I would have not only appreciated a multi-timbral capability,but also..I would have loved to see ALL of the Triton Extreme's synth sounds(rather than just the original Triton ones).
Better yet,Korg should have just added the entire sound set of the Triton EX(as part of their Legacy software collection) and charged a bit more for the Taktile.
I mean...why not?The Triton EX is 10 years old now and these sounds are not available anywhere else(besides the Triton EX keyboard itself)...so it would make a great selling point that I think people would be willing to pay extra for.
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »

A fascinating combination of hardware and software!

Is that a Shure SM58 in the mic stand?

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »

Is that a Shure SM58 in the mic stand?

No... it's a simple t.bone and no... I'm not going to sing in it  Lips Sealed

I do have a Rode NT1A though, in the hope I can find someone that can sing.

Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »

...and no... I'm not going to sing in it ...

Cheesy ...  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: