Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korg Effects plugin  (Read 5469 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 08, 2014, 08:02:25 PM »

Just to let you know: Korg's VST plugin tool KLC MDE-X is currently at -30% at http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_legacy_collection/

This is a very versatile effect plugin with plenty of features at a very affordable price.

Highly recommended if you want to add easy-to-use great effects into your virtual environment... at a bargain price. Wink

Moon
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »

Thanks for the info!I would be interested in the Wavestation,but I've already made a substantial investment in my Reason DAW with all of the Refills I bought.

What I find really frustrating about the Korg Legacy library,is that they never added their Triton Extreme sounds to it.If they did that,I'd buy that without any hesitation,at 30% off!
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:37:25 AM »

I bought the M1, Wavestation and the MDE-X years ago when they used a dongle for copy protection but since have upgraded to the latest versions.  I still use the all three quite a lot but I use the MDE-X the most.  I think it is the best multi-effects package available!

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:31:28 AM »

I just looked into the MDE-X effects(as I had no clue what they were about).I didn't realize they were the same effects that were in my Triton Extreme keyboard.
I love some of the synth sounds that were in my Triton,but never cared much for the effects...as they are thin,flat & very dull...compared to the effects of the Roland & Yamaha keyboards and clearly,there are so many other far better options out there...in terms of software effects.

I was always curious about the Wavestation(as I've never had,nor heard that keyboard)...but as for the M1....well...if I had not sold my old M1 keyboard,I would have preferred to have smashed it with a hammer..because the sounds were as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard!
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »

...but as for the M1....well...if I had not sold my old M1 keyboard,I would have preferred to have smashed it with a hammer..because the sounds were as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard!

Wow... that's harsh  Cry I mean, the M1 is more than 25 years old. In his time, this was a groundbreaking synth. OK, it can't compete with todays sounds... but once... it was a great synth. And after all, the Korg M1 is the most sold synth all times... So please, even if you don't like it, don't hit it with a hammer !  Grin
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »

... So please, even if you don't like it, don't hit it with a hammer !  Grin

wOO

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »

...but as for the M1....well...if I had not sold my old M1 keyboard,I would have preferred to have smashed it with a hammer..because the sounds were as annoying as fingernails on a chalkboard!

Wow... that's harsh  Cry I mean, the M1 is more than 25 years old. In his time, this was a groundbreaking synth. OK, it can't compete with todays sounds... but once... it was a great synth. And after all, the Korg M1 is the most sold synth all times... So please, even if you don't like it, don't hit it with a hammer !  Grin

Moon,

You know what a big Korg fan I've been over the years & in fact,most of the hardware I've owned..was from Korg,but in my opinion,the only "groundbreaking" feature of the M1(in my opinion),was the built in sequencer(that is to say,they were one of the few groundbreaking synths)as there was also the Ensoniq ESQ-1.
The advanced sequencer in the M1 was amazing for it's time and this is the main reason why the M1 was so big in sales,I think.
My old Korg DS8 was a great synth and it was a year older than the M1(I mistakenly sold it to buy the M1).
Korg always made good analogue synths back then and if they had incorporated something like the Poly-6 into the M1,then it would have been a good synth/workstation(& this would have been the only way to make the M1 a good synth,because Korg didn't have the sample quality of Ensoniq.
In retrospect(had I known better at the time),the Ensoniq ESQ-1 would have been the clear choice in workstation synths!Just think about it...the Ensoniq had basically the same sequencer as the M1 and not only that,but the sample quality was exponentially better than Korg's.
Here's another aspect of the Ensoniq to consider,over the Korg....the M1,was a completely digital synth(in terms of not only samples,but in filters as well)...whereas the ESQ-1,had analogue filters!
What's really interesting about the Ensoniq also,is that the retail on it,was $300 cheaper than the Korg and it came about 2 years earlier than the M1(1986)!

All this being said,I'm sure now,you understand why I was being so harsh,with regard to the M1.

Once Korg came out with the Triton series,then things got interesting with regard to workstations,which is why I had stuck with Korg for so many years.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:56:19 PM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 06:30:45 AM »

One of Korg's talent is also to be good in marketing products, which helps on the success of their products (like the M1). Beside their marketing skills, they managed to make some great products. For instance, the Kronos... allthough it comes with its pricetag.
But of course, they are not the only brand doing so... luckely ... Wink

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: