Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek: Enterprise  (Read 7627 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 17, 2014, 02:40:43 PM »

After reading through many mixed reviews,I decided to check out this latest Star Trek TV series(which ran from 2001 to 2005).This series...like the rest of the franchise on DVD/Blu-Ray,is very pricey...so I caught the pilot episode on Hulu.com.
I rather enjoyed it(as unlike The Next Generation),Enterprise took the story much more seriously..in terms of the entire motif of the ship(rather than the cute and comfy "living room" decor of TNG's vessel.
There is a detailed review of the show here; http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/enterprise-failed-star-trek.html
I found this review to be a bit hypercritical in some of it's critiques(in very much the same manner an avid comic book fan would criticize a film)...so I did not take this article too seriously.
Granted...my opinion of this show is merely based on the pilot episode,but it seemed to have painted a very clear vision of what lies ahead in the following episodes to come & I felt reassured enough,to order seasons 1 & 2(which are reasonably priced,via Amazon.com.

Thus far,the only criticism I have towards this series,is the abhorrently horrific title song!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ

That being said,I thought I'd write a sci-fi themed tune(with no lyrics)...as it was meant to be.

* Star Trek Enterprise(320kbps).mp3 (5414.37 KB - downloaded 260 times.)

* Star Trek Enterprise Cast.PNG (1419.38 KB, 944x702 - viewed 591 times.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:42:19 PM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:47:58 PM »

I did not care for "Enterprise".  Instead of going back in time why not continue the trek?  Take Star Trek to the next level by really exploring new worlds and going to where no man has gone before by using some of the techniques and effects that made Babylon 5 and Farscape so successful.  With today's technology Star Trek could be assume.  YMMV.

Your song is top notch as usual.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

I did not care for "Enterprise".  Instead of going back in time why not continue the trek?  Take Star Trek to the next level by really exploring new worlds and going to where no man has gone before by using some of the techniques and effects that made Babylon 5 and Farscape so successful.  With today's technology Star Trek could be assume.  YMMV.

Your song is top notch as usual.

The Next Generation(which originally aired in 1988,I believe),was the continuation into the future,by in my opinion,TNG was tacky,cheesy and just plain silly.That "Q" character was nothing but an annoyance and the whole motif of the show(particularly the interior design of the ship was too bland and cute,for my taste.
Deep Space Nine and Voyager,also took place in the future(about 100 years beyond Kirk's time).....that being said,why not go into the past...& see how it all began,especially since it's never been done before??
To each his/her own...I mean..whatever floats your boat...but for me personally,Enterprise(with it's darker,more militarized motif)...is much more realistic and exciting to me.

Thanks for commenting. Cool
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »

Thom we are almost on the same page!  I did not like TNG,  Deep Space 9 or Voyager, especially Voyager as they were in a new quadrant but keep running into the same species time after time. But after following Farscape and Babylon 5 I knew that Star Trek could be a lot better.

PS - on a side note I kept kidding my wife about Voyager. I kept telling her see what happens when you put a woman in charge!  The first thing she does is get lost!

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »

Thom we are almost on the same page!  I did not like TNG,  Deep Space 9 or Voyager, especially Voyager as they were in a new quadrant but keep running into the same species time after time. But after following Farscape and Babylon 5 I knew that Star Trek could be a lot better.

PS - on a side note I kept kidding my wife about Voyager. I kept telling her see what happens when you put a woman in charge!  The first thing she does is get lost!

Mario,

I've seen a few episodes of TNG and as for Voyager...well...I caught the pilot episode for the first time on Hulu.com and didn't really care for it...but maybe it was due to it being a poorly written episode,so I don't know how I'd feel towards the rest of the series.
I haven't seen Deep Space Nine at all,so I can't offer an opinion on it.I brought up all 3 of these shows,because they all take place in the future(the 24th century)...since you mentioned that Star Trek should go into the future,instead of the past...but it's already been done 3 times and that was my point.
If by the future,you mean...beyond the 24th century,then I would agree that a series further into the future would be very interesting.
To me though also,the origins of the Enterprise is equally interesting to me,so I am very interested in the this timeline as well..as I am enjoying this show.
If you haven't already,you should check out the new Star Trek film series,because the effects & stories are spectacular!As for exploring the future beyond the 24th century,perhaps the new film series will get around to it and quite possibly,another TV series is yet to come??
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »

I lost track of all the Star Trek versions and variations very early in the game - but, your tune rules!

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 11:48:45 PM »

I lost track of all the Star Trek versions and variations very early in the game - but, your tune rules!

Losing track with the Star Trek universe,happens quite easily when life distracts you.For me...as a kid,I was just a moron that was only interested in pure action flicks like Star Wars.
As I got older,I gained an interest in the more cerebral flicks like Star Trek and now...with so much free time on my hands,I have completely immersed myself in this universe & I deeply regret never having done so earlier in my life(as I have never been to a Star Trek convention)....so I can't call myself a "Trekker" just yet.

Thanks for commenting! Cool
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »

How strange. I seem to have missed this till now Shocked
Very nice work. Love that bass line Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: