Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:16:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lights, music, camera!  (Read 4446 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: July 28, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »

For some time now I've wanted to find a way to really promote Yoshimi.

While quite a few people have have produced youtube vids of both Yoshi and Zyn, these (while having commendabe enthusiasm) have defintely lacked polish. Usually they are cam-corder recordings.

What I want to do is directly record the desktop, live, while playing one of my most complex productions providing the audio and video together, and opening closing various windows - so no question of authenticity - then add some captions in the form of bubbles. Ideally, for the last part I would like to have an overlay of scrolling acknowledgements.

It seems Oren has provided the answer to the last part of this, but I'm still searching for a reliable desktop recorder that can handle both the video and audio, without taking up so much processor time that there is insufficient bandwidth for Rosegarden and Yoshimi.

... as if I don't have enough to think about already Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »

https://github.com/MaartenBaert/ssr

http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

Seems to be the most recommended software.

Regarding processor capacity to manage Yoshi, Zyn, and SimpleScreenRecorder simultaneously: this dilemma may help you justify that shiny new 8-core computer displayed in the shop window!  Wink

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:55 PM »

Hi Oren,

I did try SSR but it isn't available in the debian repositories, and trying to compile it it failed with a confusing missing library error - the library is there, and used by other programs!

Nope not going 8 core, I only comparatively recently went quad core Tongue

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »

Yup - 2 cores are still doing it for me, but a new build is in the works to accommodate digital video.

Modelled after an Apple desktop - Intel i7, Intel board, and Nvidia graphics card - because hardware optimized for Mac (Unix) is also first-rate for Linux.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: