Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:58:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YesterYear  (Read 6203 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: August 10, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »

You're sitting underneath a large oak tree over looking a slow moving river and reminiscing all of the good things that have happened in your past.  Hopefully you can just sit back and relax.

I am playing my tele guitar, my keyboard (Mellotron Flutes) and my wind controller (pan flute and trumpet).  The balance is a modified Band-in-a-Box style.

* YesterYear.mp3 (5063.92 KB - downloaded 286 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »

The areas of this tune that peaked my interest,were the intro & the segments including your guitar work. Cool
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »

Huge atmosphere! Shocked

It all fits together - cohesive mix, and each instrument complimenting the others.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »

The areas of this tune that peaked my interest,were the intro & the segments including your guitar work. Cool

Thanx Thom.  Am I to assume that you didn't care for the rest of the song?  No problem if you didn't but if you have some constructive criticism I would be interested in hearing them.  I am always trying to get better at this!

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »

Thank you very much Oren!

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »

Thanx Thom.  Am I to assume that you didn't care for the rest of the song?  No problem if you didn't but if you have some constructive criticism I would be interested in hearing them.  I am always trying to get better at this!

Well...the only areas I didn't care for,were between :20 thru :22 and :27 thru :30,as I felt the lead notes clashed with the chords in those areas.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »

Well now. I am really enjoying this. I can't get it on my mp3 player fast enough Smiley
Perfect to chill out to when on the road and the world has gone crazy
I know not everyone has the same tastes, but this ticks all the boxes for me Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 07:35:50 PM »

Thanx Will for the outstanding review.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: