Kara-Moon Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:17:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A no brainer IMHO  (Read 4554 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: August 23, 2014, 01:19:59 PM »

Dimension Pro is on sale at Cakewalk for $14.99 USD.  It originally sold for $250 USD.  Although not as good as the more expensive products like Kontakt it does have some very usable sounds.  I use it on occasion.

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10-CWDM1.50-30E

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »

wOO  He scores!

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »

Dimension Pro is on sale at Cakewalk for $14.99 USD.  It originally sold for $250 USD.  Although not as good as the more expensive products like Kontakt it does have some very usable sounds.  I use it on occasion.

Personally...I think spending $1200 on a Roland FA-06,would be the better buy....great sounds and zero headaches(if I could afford to spend that much,I would not hesitate).
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:35:57 PM »

Personally...I think spending $1200 on a Roland FA-06,would be the better buy....great sounds and zero headaches(if I could afford to spend that much,I would not hesitate).

Thom there is no way in hell that you can compare a $15 sound source to a $1200 sound source!

Personally I would take Kontakt over a Roland FA-06.  It is much easier to increase the number of sounds in Kontakt than in the Roland plus there are no headaches in a well maintained system. Both sound good but YMMV.

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »

Thom there is no way in hell that you can compare a $15 sound source to a $1200 sound source!

Personally I would take Kontakt over a Roland FA-06.  It is much easier to increase the number of sounds in Kontakt than in the Roland plus there are no headaches in a well maintained system. Both sound good but YMMV.

Mario,

The point I was trying to make,is that I'd rather make a substantial investment in something far more useful that I will use regularly for years to come,rather than buying a long string of "bargain basement" items that I will fidget with a few times & then forget about.
In my opinion,most of what Roland puts out,is way overpriced and that the FA-series,was the first reasonably priced product of significant quality.
Furthermore,I did not mean to compare a Roland product to every other software product out there...but to say that in terms of Roland products,the FA was the real bargain.
Yes...$1200 is still a lot of coin no matter how you slice it,but the FA-series offers so much for that price tag...like having the ability to instantly create music with virtually no boot-up time,utilizing several track and effect resources without any lag or glitches...as well as having some of Roland's best sounds and being able to export it all in either stems or a stereo track into a DAW(without dealing with any messy PC/hardware integration).

Bargain hunting for clearance prices is always fun,but one can easily clutter one's computer with a hoard of obsolete items and I want to steer clear of falling into that habit...but...to each his own.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »

Mario,

The point I was trying to make,is that I'd rather make a substantial investment in something far more useful that I will use regularly for years to come,rather than buying a long string of "bargain basement" items that I will fidget with a few times & then forget about.
In my opinion,most of what Roland puts out,is way overpriced and that the FA-series,was the first reasonably priced product of significant quality.
Furthermore,I did not mean to compare a Roland product to every other software product out there...but to say that in terms of Roland products,the FA was the real bargain.
Yes...$1200 is still a lot of coin no matter how you slice it,but the FA-series offers so much for that price tag...like having the ability to instantly create music with virtually no boot-up time,utilizing several track and effect resources without any lag or glitches...as well as having some of Roland's best sounds and being able to export it all in either stems or a stereo track into a DAW(without dealing with any messy PC/hardware integration).

Bargain hunting for clearance prices is always fun,but one can easily clutter one's computer with a hoard of obsolete items and I want to steer clear of falling into that habit...but...to each his own.

OK Thom now I understand what you were trying to say and I agree with you.  That is why I have a lot of money tied up in Kontakt and third party Kontakt sounds!

But for those who can't afford that kind of money then this is a great deal.  Plus it does come with some really good sounds.

Ps - I would not buy Dimension Pro for the same reason you mentioned but mine came with Sonar so I tried it.  I also will not buy SampleTank 3 for the same reason.  That is I already have better sound sources.

However a person with a lot of MIDI expertise can get a lot of mileage out of any sound source if that sound source has good MIDI protocols built in.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: