Kara-Moon Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:33:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello,  (Read 5794 times)
2010jazz

« on: July 25, 2007, 07:23:34 AM »

Smiley  I'm delighted to join kara-moon musicians. My name is Dan Tong, and I live in Chicago, IL (USA).  I'm afraid I don't write much music, but simply perform music others have written. I play primarily an Akai EWI wind controller (3020 and 4000s -which I need to calibrate properly). Anyone familiar w the new Akai 4000s?

I heard about kara-moon at one of the Band-in-a-Box Forums where I was telling people about how good some of the acoustic sounds are in my new Ketron SD2 synthesizer. The best breathy sax sounds I have ever heard. The trumpets, and the Clarinet is also very good. As you can tell I'm mostly interested in synth sounds that most closely resemble acoustic instruments and I play mostly jazz and a bit of classical music now and then. I notice that Kara or Moon also uses a wind controller (Yamaha). I highly recommend the Ketron SD2 to anyone who has been looking for realistic sounding wind, brass, and string patches.

Thanks,

Dan
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »

Hi Dan, welcome to Kara-Moon!

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »

Hi Dan & Welcome here  Cool

The windplayer in the family here is mostly the lady, alltough i know allso a litle basic playing. You can see here at my homepage here : http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?author=Kara

For windinstrument sounds we use the Yamaha Vlm70, not with the standard rom chip but with the enhanched turbo rom from patchman.

I know that ketron has some very good modules, but they are a bit over my budget  Angry

Enjoy your stay here, we have a marvolous community here.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »

Hi Dan and welcom to the Music Auditorium  Grin
2010jazz

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 07:15:12 AM »

Thanks very much for providing this excellent site, and also for the friendly welcome.

Dan
tERMoBLUe
Kara-Moon-Collective

sound-sample-jokey

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 03:34:09 PM »

aloha and welcome to this show Cheesy ...cya

tro

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: