Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A question for the group....  (Read 30230 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »

Ok,

I followed your instructions to the letter,but when I viewed the list to copy the Audacity folder,there were no obvious signs that the audacity folder was there.
Meaning,that I copied this; C:f6135c3860df28a95d16a707
Is this cluster of #'s & letters the Audacity folder?

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »

If you follow my instructions from yesterday......when you find the Audacity folder, click on that folder and it will open in the right hand pane.  There you will see an icon that looks like headphones. Double-click on this icon and tha Audacity program will open.  Go to Edit> Preferences >
then follow these instructions from 'Audacity tips' website :

* Alternatively, go to Edit > Preferences > File Formats and click on the 'Find Library' button in the bottom right hand corner, and browse to the location where the LAME file is located.

MP3 exporting will then be available.

Keep us informed!
 Undecided
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 04:30:15 AM »

Thanks James,your very kind,but I think it's better for me if I stick with just one person's instructions at a time,only because things are overwhelming for me as it is.
You obviously are much more computer savy and have a good aptitude for pc's but for me at this point,I will limit myself to Kara's instructions.

Thanks again Cool

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »

No that is NOT the audacity program...

So, first question...
If you click on start -> Programs do you see audacity there ?
If you click on it, does audacity start ?

Ok,

I followed your instructions to the letter,but when I viewed the list to copy the Audacity folder,there were no obvious signs that the audacity folder was there.
Meaning,that I copied this; C:f6135c3860df28a95d16a707
Is this cluster of #'s & letters the Audacity folder?

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 07:39:09 PM »

Yes,

The Audacity Icon is there in the start menu & if I click on it,it takes me to the editing tool page.

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 07:18:17 AM »

ok that's a good start
Now whe have to find out where the lame_enc.dll is

Again go the start button, this time you choose find > files or folder and click on it.
When the window opens, you choose at the left 'All files and folders'
Then in the first entry box (still in the left pane of the window) you enter 'lame_enc.dll', the second you leave blank and you just click on the search button.
You just let the computer search for the file and when it is finished you'll have it in the right pane of the window.
Beside his name the computer the place where the file is located, write this down.

Once you have this we will proceed to the last step, telling audacity where the lame encoder is located.

k

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »

Actually,I know where the code is,as I chose my documents folder when I downloaded it,I just need to know how to transfer it to the Audacity folder.

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 04:59:29 PM »

offthewall was trying to tell you that there is a function in the actual Audacity program that will allow you to point Audacity at your 'my do***ents' folder to find the lame_enc.dll
 Follow his advice for simple, quick results.
 Open Audacity
Click Edit- then Prefernces
Click the File Format tab, and go down to mp3 area
Click the 'find library' button; Audacity will ask you want to go find lame_enc.dll...just say yes and it will default to looking your 'my do***ents' folder which is where you say it's located. Select it and go.
 It should be very easy and painless this way. Just DO NOT move the lame_enc,dll file from this folder in the future or Audacity will not be able to find it and you'll have to do this again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:03:19 PM by rharv » Logged

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »

Ok Rharv,understood.
I followed James's instructions & everything seems to be in order so far.
I went into this whole thing blind,so I still need to await further instructions to go beyond this point.

Thanks

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 07:11:32 PM »

Open a wave file using 'file-open'. Then hit ctrl+A to hilight thee whole file.
Then use 'file-export to mp3' command.

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »

With Audacity running.....go to Project > Import audio > then browse to the music file that you wish to use and click Open.  The file will run into Audacity and come up as a waveform on your screen.
From there go to File > Export as MP3 and follow the instructions.  I can't help further than this point as I use another application for my conversions.
 Grin
Always happy to help.
James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 03:53:38 AM »

Here is my current situation;

I uploaded some songs from my cd and ripped them to Windows Media.I then sent the songs to my documents folder.
When I tried to import a song from my documents folder,an error message popped up saying that "Audacity cannot open this file type due to patent restrictions"
"You need to convert it to a supported audio format"

kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »

Sounds like DRM protection to me Huh Shocked

Are those songs ripped from a commercial CD ?

Anyone has an idea here ?

k

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

Definately DRM protection. You must have WinMediaPlayer 11 or so, eh?  I won't upgrade beyond 10 because of these hassles.
 Try ripping them in another program. Most burning software programs have a 'hidden' (or hard to find) feature for converting cd tracks to a wave file.
 -In Nero you would go to the screen like you are going to burn an audio CD and click the 'more' button at the bottom, then click 'save tracks' and select the drive with the CD in it that you want to copy, and set the format from mp4 (Nero default) over to PCM Wave file (Windows standard)

-In Ulead there is an icon to rip CD audio to Audio file at the top of the CD buring window.
- In Roxio it's under the 'Track' pulldown as 'Track-convert to audio file'.

Any of these will rip the CD audio to a wav file, just point it to save it in MyDocuments so you can find it later.

You can also set up WinMediaPlayer to rip songs directly to mp3 (as opposed to wma) but they will still be protected by DRM. Not sure if your goal was just to make an mp3 or to have a wave file to work with.

DRM is starting to get out of hand, as we all knew it would.  The last two releases of WinMediaPlayer have gotten progressively worse and Vista is pushing it along too. (That MediaCenter edition of XP was a precursor).

It's to the point now where you have to use workarounds to make more than 5 copies of your own CD, if you start with a copy burned in recent WinMediaPlayer or  Vista.. at least that's what I'm reading. I've avoided both like the plague on every system I own.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »

Definately DRM protection. You must have WinMediaPlayer 11 or so, eh?  I won't upgrade beyond 10 because of these hassles.

It's to the point now where you have to use workarounds to make more than 5 copies of your own CD, if you start with a copy burned in recent WinMediaPlayer or  Vista.. at least that's what I'm reading. I've avoided both like the plague on every system I own.

+1

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: