Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:28:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZynAddSubFX patches  (Read 19579 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 01:11:23 AM »

You are right Will, i was a bit overactive with unzip  Grin
Now I got it right, thank you for those sounds

Oh sure, now I really look like the dullard Tongue  ....maybe time to take another whack at it.

Mario - I had no idea there was a windoze version Shocked  Keep plugging friend, it'll come around for you forthwith....
                                          ....as long as it's not borked, of course wOO
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 01:26:42 AM by Oren » Logged

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 01:30:35 AM »

I'm not a Windows person so really can't help, except to suggest you look here :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47

Thanx,

I did find a Windoze version   

Now I've got to get it to work  Grin

Thanx for your help.

The older I get the better I was!
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 01:33:16 AM »

Mario - I had no idea there was a windoze version Shocked  Keep plugging friend, it'll come around for you forthwith....

I've DLed the windoze version.

Hopefully I can get it to work!

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »

Good news - I found the Zyn bank Smiley

My computer tells me I (ya, me Undecided) am not authorized to write to this folder.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »

Yep. It will do that Smiley

The default banks are in a non-user area.

What you need to do is to create a new directory called 'banks' in your home directory (or in some little corner of it). Copy/move my collection (or any other collection you want) into that. Then, in Zyn go to :
File>Settings

Select the tab 'Bank root dirs'

Click 'Add root directory

It will probably give you your home directory as an option and from there you can browse to where the collection is.

File name should end up something like :
/home/oren/banks

and the only object in the main window should be 'Collection'
Hit OK, then close and restart Zyn. (the change is only effective when you restart)

If you now go to :
Instrument>Show Instrument Bank

and click on the down arrow 'Collection' should be there.

Finally, if you want to save any instruments you create yourself, you need to make this banks directory the default one (in Bank Root Dirs) so that you save to a writable area! Zyn will allow you to create new directories in this where you can save your own priceless instrument masterpieces Grin

No, that wasn't finally, this is finally:

To make life easy for myself I actually copied all the default banks and presets into my userspace, made it the default, then deleted all the other options from the banks and presets entries.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »

How's it going?

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »

Yep. It will do that Smiley
The default banks are in a non-user area...
...To make life easy for myself I actually copied all the default banks and presets into my userspace, made it the default, then deleted all the other options from the banks and presets entries.

Priceless pearls of wisdom, dispensed with style.

You're the source, man Wink

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »

How's it going?

I can’t get the vst version to work at all.  Don’t know why yet.

I got the ASIO stand-alone version to work BUT there is over a second latency between hitting a key and hearing the sound.  This is with the ASIO latency set at 9ms!  Don’t know why yet either.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »

Wow! That is seriously bad Shocked

I'm afraid I can't suggest anything, except to do a bit of Googling or check out KVR

- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:18 AM »

Folderol, I got everything working.  Both the ASIO and the VSTi are up and running. 

A google search led me to a batch program that allows the synth to sync with my soundcard ASIO settings.  Actually there was one in the original DL but it was called *DeBug.dll.  I thought that was a trouble-shooting program  Angry

Anyway I’ve got your patches, as well as the original patches, up and running.  Very good job on your patches!  This is a very good sounding softsynth for sure.

Gotta run now.  Too many sounds and so little time  Grin

Thanx again - MarioD

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 06:27:19 PM »

Excelent news

Best set time limits for playing with the sounds though Roll Eyes

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

Will,

I'm going to tuck those custom patches away (along with your instructions for deployment) until I've got Ardour and Hydrogen firmly in place. Then, a look at JAMin to see if it would, in fact, be a better choice than Audacity for mastering.

Then it will be time for Rosegarden and ZynAddSubFX, at which time I'll launch your collection while setting up the new "banks" folder.

It could be a while..... Roll Eyes Grin

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »

<taps foot>
Come along. Don't procrastinate Grin

- Will
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: