Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:38:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stardust(Felgercarb mix)  (Read 5254 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: June 16, 2015, 12:12:55 AM »

Finally caught a break in my creativity blockade,as some mysterious melody manifested itself(apparently due to a surge in synaptic activity within my brain neurons.)
Though this composition may just be utter felgercarb,it is still..nonetheless,a suitable starting point for an eventual tune....I think.

It's a tribute to a dear old sci-fi show that aired when I was 9 years old(such wonderful days of immortality they were.) Cool Cry

Holy frack...I think I may be back in business!

* Stardust(Felgercarb mix).mp3 (6790.29 KB - downloaded 260 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:43:17 AM »

Dramatic.  Shocked       ....big audio, too... Cool

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 02:16:07 PM »

Dramatic.  Shocked       ....big audio, too... Cool

Thanks....but in terms of the orchestral portion,not so big(SampleTank software is pure garbage)..unfortunately.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »

Enjoyed this. Lots of variation but well connected.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »

Enjoyed this. Lots of variation but well connected.

Thanks. Cool Interesting..that you should find this composition so well connected,because to me,it is very compartmentalized. Roll Eyes Grin
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »

I also think that these segments went together very well.  You may have been too hard on yourself Thom!

What version of Sampletank are you using?  I am not impressed with ST at all.

One thing that may help the orchestration is to make a few copies of those tracks, detune a few, and slightly adjust the timing.  That is to move some a couple of milliseconds ahead and a couple behind.  Adding a very slow chorus, some quick delay and cathedral reverb also helps a lot.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 03:27:48 PM »

Mario,

Thanks for you kind words.

As for sounds,I am using Sampletank 3 and even though this version is an improvement over the previous one,it is only marginal..at best.

ST3 is still nowhere near the quality of Kontakt 4 and now,NI came out with Kontakt 5...so ST3 is still so far behind,in sample scripting quality.
That being said,no effects processing in existence,will compensate for lackluster sample quality.Yes...I could clean up my mix a bit more,but as they say,you can't polish a turd.
The fact of the matter is,that ST3's orchestral samples are so piss poor,that I went crazy with effects,to try & thicken up the samples and when I still had Kontakt 4(via the K6 bundle)..I didn't have to go through all of this mess,to create a quality orchestral track.

There's absolutely no substitute,for Kontakt...so one fine day,when I can afford it...I will jump on Kontakt 5 and I won't look back,from then on in.
If I have any trouble installing it,I will hire someone to help me get it up & running,if needs be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: